New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Raffle Ticket Goodness

Started by artw, February 26, 2007, 01:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artw

As Big Daddy, our esteemed President mentioned yesterday before Spencer Jack's presentation,  we have some awesome raffle ticket prizes coming up for the Giant Auction this Sunday.  Here is a teaser, there will be more coming!

• two $20 gift certificates for Critter Jungle
  • Emperor 280 filter with a refill pack donated by Pet Circus
  • 12 gallon nano cube Aqua Pod donated by Marinescape
  • 75 gallon tank (brand new) donated by OVAS.

We will be selling raffle tickets at the Kitchen all day Sunday for $1 each or $5 for 6 tickets.

If you pre-register your items with me before Friday night, you will automatically receive 5 free raffle tickets for Sunday.

BigDaddy

One little note... the free raffle tickets are for OVAS members only

That Aqua Pod has a pretty hefty price tag on it.  I know I'm going to be buying tickets!

beowulf

Nerine

mine!  :D :o
gotta make sure I have enough $$'s hahaha
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

busdriver

Do any of the people volunteering get free raffle tickets? ;D ;D :D :D ;)
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

PaleoFishGirl

If you preregister some auction items ;)

babblefish1960

I should like to add to Art's list there that we will be receiving more items for the raffle and these would include Fish Tails, Tropical Fish Systems, and Ottawa Inverts. More details to follow.

speckledmind

Question on the Raffle.

Does a person have to be present to collect the winnings, or will the winning number be posted on the Forum for pick up of such at a later date ?

I'm asking because I plan on attending the event, but I don't know until what time I will be able to stay  :-\

artw

People must be present to win the items.

babblefish1960

No herey, no getty, you can bet on it, you want the big tank at the end, you have to be there at the end, as the raffles are always for those who are present and accounted for.

busdriver

Quote from: BigDaddy on February 26, 2007, 01:32:28 PM
One little note... the free raffle tickets are for OVAS members only
Is that card carrying members or members on here? I just don't want anyone to misunderstand, because you never know. ???
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

artw

Thats card carrying members of the real, official OVAS club.  (the one you go to Monday nights with other human beings.)

and yes, I will be asking to see  membership cards before I hand out the free raffle tickets.   well it may be  Norm or Peter, or whoever I have helping out with Registration. 

bitterman

Since I already have a stand for the 75  ;) I have my name on it!

Mettle

Those sound like amazing prizes! I was hoping to finally be able to attend this but unfortunately will be at work for 12 hours on Sunday. So unfair.  :'(

Have fun all!

beowulf

Quote from: babblefish1960 on February 27, 2007, 01:47:25 PM
No herey, no getty, you can bet on it, you want the big tank at the end, you have to be there at the end, as the raffles are always for those who are present and accounted for.

So your saying even if I slave away and help out but leave a little early to visit my house being built before the sun sets I cannot win?  Damm I might have to come back then  ???

Mettle

Quote from: beowulf on February 28, 2007, 04:08:55 PM
So your saying even if I slave away and help out but leave a little early to visit my house being built before the sun sets I cannot win?  Damm I might have to come back then  ???

Yes. That is exactly what they are saying.   :P

PaleoFishGirl

Well, Kevin, you might be able to leave your tickets with me - seemed to be lucky last time! I can't promise that if you win big I'll actually fess up and give it to you this time though ;)

beowulf

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on February 28, 2007, 05:54:29 PM
Well, Kevin, you might be able to leave your tickets with me - seemed to be lucky last time! I can't promise that if you win big I'll actually fess up and give it to you this time though ;)

Might be around most of the day now found out both my brothers are going to be in town and both are into fish to different degrees.  My brother Mike is actually going to be in a hotel not far up on Elgin just to let you know PFG  :D

Edited for content  ;)

babblefish1960

Don't forget to go to the bank and get lots of cash, you are so going to want to buy something at the auction, and heaven knows that everyone will want to buy quite a few raffle tickets.

Two points to remember, if a raffle comes up you aren't interested in winning and your number is chosen, don't put your hand up, your number will be put back in the hat and another ticket will be chosen.
Another thing would be that if your number comes up and you choose to receive the prize, fret not, take your prize and stick around, as your ticket will be returned to the hat once again.

Potentially, though the odds are clearly against it, one person could invariably win every single item being raffled, and it is quite a list.

See you all in a few hours, bright eyed and bushy tailed and ready to do some serious bidding on a vast collection of good stuff. :)

pegasus

Quote from: babblefish1960 on March 04, 2007, 02:24:25 AM
............ some serious bidding on a vast collection of good stuff. :)
Never from me... I have Killies & Angels to prouve it.   ::)

BigMomma

Quote from: busdriver on February 28, 2007, 01:59:44 PM
Is that card carrying members or members on here? I just don't want anyone to misunderstand, because you never know. ???

You'll notice, Terry, that members of the executive have been, as of late, differentiating between the two.

The word "member" is used to refer to a card-carrying OVAS member.  Otherwise, someone who frequents the site is referred to as a "user"

beowulf

I am guessing the raffle takes place after everything has been auctions off?

mseguin

We do it at intervals, i.e. certain items at break 1 or 2, best ones kept for last.

beowulf

Quote from: mseguin on March 04, 2007, 08:32:11 AM
We do it at intervals, i.e. certain items at break 1 or 2, best ones kept for last.

Sounds good.  Is there a limit to what one pseron can win?  IE say I win something small at the break, can I still win the big tanks etc at the end?

Nerine

everything is gonna happen soon :)

unfortuantly with bills...I am left with only 30$ :( hopefully that can get me something lol
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

babblefish1960

Yes, you can win everything there is to offer the entire day, it would be both lucky and your personal misfortune, as the odds are against it, and should you succeed, the angry mob behind you will possibly be against it too. ;)

No worries Nerine, $30 will buy a lot of cool stuff, even in the kitchen, pizzaaaa! ;D

Nerine

I have to say I REALLY love pizza...my nickname used to be Pizza girl cuz I was never without hahahaha

BUT I'm saving my $$'s and bringing my own snack hahahaha

beowulf

So close yet so far for the aquapod!!!  The last ticket I bought was off by 2 from the winner!!

Nerine

I spent my 30...all on goodies and only had to eat what I brought....2 cokes and a handful of little chocolates since 10am!!!! AHHH it's 9pm and I'm famished! (just got everyone set up)

I was a number off from one of the raffle items :( but congrats to everyone who won something :)

scorpion-stinger

I thought you had to be at the event to CLAIM your prize? to my knowledge that person WASN'T present to claim his prize.  hummmmmmmmm

Quote from: babblefish1960 on February 27, 2007, 01:47:25 PM

93GTCANADA

i have noticed that also scorpion. i told my wife hey i thought u had to be present. oh well.

scorpion-stinger

ahhh well hummmm, not fair to all others that were there though,

Quote from: scorpion-stinger on March 04, 2007, 09:24:30 PM
I thought you had to be at the event to CLAIM your prize? to my knowledge that person WASN'T present to claim his prize.  hummmmmmmmm

darkdep

From what I understand whoever won left their tickets with someone to claim the prize, which counts.