New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Auction results

Started by artw, March 07, 2005, 09:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambushman2j

Quote from: "328iGuy"
Well, right now I have in my 50 the little duboisi and 2 of those tetro frontosa looking things and a syno upsidedown cat together, and in my 77 I have my 7" front, the 2 moori's I picked up from auction and my aulonacara bi-color I bought from last years giant auction.. my tanks are a little bare and inactive right now, so I definately would want to get more fish, I would really like to get a colony of some kinda tropheus preferably duboisi but if they are too pricey that will not be possible.. so for now I will explore all my options see what's what, but in all likelyhood I will only be able to afford 8-10 at most then figure out what tank and what combinations I can go with as I am sure what's in the 77 will go with what's in the 50

How many Duboisi did you get from the auction?

Just the 1.. there was 2 bags of 1 Duboisi, I won the first one and someone out bid me on the 2nd

squeeker

Hey, who won the killifish?  They were neat looking... what was their scientific name?

mseguin

I know they were aphyosemion, i believe the species name was calliurum, but may be wrong. There were also some clown killies. I wanted the Aphyo's bad, but it got too expensive for my budget.

squeeker

Yah, ditto.  Whoever brought those... if you have any more, pm me!

mseguin

Petsmart on Innes has Golden Wonder killies. Very nice fish, thinking of getting some myself.

mseguin

I did a quick check on the MTL site, and there seem to be quite a few members with killies, and quite a few species, so maybe at the MTL auction the selection will be better? Anybody who's been to the MTL auction, how is the killie selection usually?

Shouganai

how is the non-cichlid selection in general? hehe

pegasus

Most of us who went down last time were looking for africans and did not look much for anything else. There's a killies fish club in Montreal. The best person to answer these question would be Zapisto who sometime visite our forum.

frollo

As a first timer at the auction, I was pretty impressed esp to pull things together you need a considerable number of volunteers, volunteer time and as well as the logistics of organizing. Hats off to all of you!!! I did buy some items and wish I know when some other items were coming up, but I had to leave before my family sent out a missing person advisory.

FishPassion

Congrats to the club for putting on a great auction. It was my first and I was looking forward to going, the only problem I had was explaining my purchases to my wife when I got home, she got over it pretty quick. I have always wanted to go to a meeting or two but live to far away but after meeting so many fantastic people I will attend the occasional meeting. Again job well done..............
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

328iGuy

Quote from: "FishPassion"Congrats to the club for putting on a great auction. It was my first and I was looking forward to going, the only problem I had was explaining my purchases to my wife when I got home, she got over it pretty quick. I have always wanted to go to a meeting or two but live to far away but after meeting so many fantastic people I will attend the occasional meeting. Again job well done..............

We all go through that with the wife.....just always remember....keep this saying in the back of you're mind....

"It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission...."

Say it over and over before purchasing something and will all turn out alright!  8)  :lol:

FishPassion

"It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission...."

Now that is one piece of info I will never forget Thanks 328

Ummmm when is the Montreal Auction again??

LOL
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

328iGuy

Quote from: "FishPassion""It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission...."

Now that is one piece of info I will never forget Thanks 328

Ummmm when is the Montreal Auction again??

LOL

:lol:

Nelson

"It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission...."  :roll:

Man!!! Do I have that one down pat :wink:

328iGuy

Quote from: "Nelson""It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission...."  :roll:

Man!!! Do I have that one down pat :wink:

You're not the only one!  :lol:

frollo

Boy... make your wives sound like fish ogres. How about spending 1/3 of the time you spend doting on your aquarium with your wife? Maybe you won't have to ask for forgiveness as often.

blueturq

Quote from: "frollo"Boy... make your wives sound like fish ogres. How about spending 1/3 of the time you spend doting on your aquarium with your wife? Maybe you won't have to ask for forgiveness as often.

touchy ground.....  :?

mseguin

That's why I've gotten her involved. Her project is breeding bettas, and if we have to spend some money on her, then I definitely get to spend some on my fish, and alot of the stuff is mutual. :-)

FishPassion

My wife has gotten very involved in my tanks and we discuss the different possibilities and setups available. Hell she even went out and bought a cichlid that she really wanted.

Shes "HOOKED"
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

artw

or the easier way,  which I preferred for awhile, was not get a wife/girlfriend and then you dont even have the issue.  :D