New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What did you get at the Garage Sale?

Started by Anja, September 25, 2010, 07:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anja

I picked up some guppies, a tank light and hob filter, some wood and some fishfood. Since the guppies needed a new home STAT, it was a good thing I had that empty 10g sitting around (thanks, Errol). Only thing I had to pick up new was the gravel; for the plants I raided my other tanks:

So far the guppies (2 at right hand back corner and 1 right under the surface) seem ok.
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

Nerine

wow looks great!!! :)

I didn't get ANYTHING! hahahaha I was soooo well behaved :) I didn't buy a single thing though I saw many things I would have loved to have purchased!! the family was quite impressed, though they haven't seen Joyce's loot in the back of the van yet ;) hahahah

I still have some more things for sale and need to get some plants and a filter now! but other than that, had an awesome time :) it was great seeing ya'll! There were some AWESOME deals to be had there!!!!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Fishnut

I didn't get anything either! :D I didn't really go to shop though.  I just went to socialize :).

holachicka

Yams

I got a chain sword plant.... not sure who from, I was there fast and furious, I will try to be more social next time...  :P

Was there 9am-9:30, whomever sold me the chainsword, thanks for putting up with my lack of knowledge! Lots to learn about plants!

Laura

I got the Walstad book I've been keeping an eye out for - I'm very happy about that find.

Other than that, some lovely freebies of filter floss, suction cups, tubing and some fantastic orchid advice (thanks Enrico!)

It was great seeing people - my schedule's not been great for meetings, so it was nice to see everyone.
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

washefuzzy

I had way to much fun.  :D
I got a 50ft python, a very large glass blow, books for the library, a 10gal and 50gal filter, 2 air pumps; a set of 3, 5gal to 2gal, rimless tanks; 2ft tank light and I hope that's it.  :-[
I got such great prices and I have to thank Nerine for stashing it all in the back of her vehicle until Monday's meeting.  ::)
Almost forgot my two little Octo catfishes that where donated to me by Irene!

It was better than Christmas!!

JetJumper

Quote from: washefuzzy on September 26, 2010, 12:13:52 AM
Almost forgot my two little Octo catfishes that where donated to me by Irene!

I hope they are not still in the back of the vehicle!
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

wandmangels

I was able to pick up some DISCUS...2 red turq and 2 pigeons For a whopping $60 Thanks Evelyn

also a big shout out to Anton for the fert's

See you all monday night  At the meeting...PIZZA!!!!!!!(sorry no beer to go with it)

washefuzzy

Quote from: JetJumper on September 26, 2010, 12:31:20 AM
I hope they are not still in the back of the vehicle!

I had the good sense to remember to take the Octos home. They are now happily swimming about.

ajm1961

I picked up:
- two sponge filters
- silicone tubing
- air diffuser
- two air pumps
- 30" canopy and light
- copy of Cichlid News (great article on Pseudotropheus Kingsizei)

All from Mark W - thanks Mark!
P.S. the light fit perfectly on my existing canopy - yoohoo!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

2075turner

Quote from: wandmangels on September 26, 2010, 02:40:26 AM

See you all monday night  At the meeting...PIZZA!!!!!!!(sorry no beer to go with it)

What, NO BEER?  This changes everything, lol.  I may or may not attend now, lol.  The PIZZA may just have to do, and well there's always talking about fishies I guess too ;).....LOL ;D

2075turner

Oh, back to the subject...I picked up some brime shrimp hatcheries that I needed.  Thanks guys!

charlie

I had a great time, chatting with fellow hobbyist along with picking some more fishy loot,
2010 -2011 membership  ;)
azgardens 5 Piece 11" Aquascaping Tool Kit w/ 12" Black Case - Thanks Chris
Eheim pro 2  filter ( to compliment the other 4 i have  ;)) - Thanks Ron
2- maxijet 1200 with sure flow mod Kit - Thanks Mark
A bag of Eriocaulon Setaceum - Thanks Anton

and to cap it off lunch with a bunch of fish geeks & great conversation.

Nerine

Sorry I missed the lunch!! I had to clean a turtle tank hehehe

and I fibbed! I got two water bottles hahahaha now I can chuck out the old cracked ones ;) YAY!!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

FishBuddy

As for me...  I got the following:

1)  6 Xenotilapia Sima to my existing collection -> thanks Mark!  
2)  8 Cyp. Leptosoma to my new collection -> thanks Mark!  These are remarkable fish!
3)  a few suction cups and a veggie clip (FREE) -> thanks Ross!
4)  2 bags of plants.

And of course, to lunch with a bunch of fishgeeks.  Charlie has the nerve to ask me to get rid of all my fish and have a planted tank only ! :) :)

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

White Lightning

Although I didn't make out with what I really wanted....(Thanks Errol, next time I'll be there at 7am) lol I did grab a few items.

OVAS membership
1 Pigeon Discus
A few plastic plants
A piece of driftwood
Air pump,tubing and bubble disc
Powerbar
Some plumbing goo - Thanx Ross!

I did manage to get my hands on an eheim pro 2 today. Thank goodness I have been looking for a few weeks.

Always a good time at these events and great to see all the familiar faces. As my wife would say, "you're such a fish geek"

markw

Hey Andre, Glad the canopy fit...aren't garage sales great? And John, Glad the fish all made it home O.K. You're gonna really like those kirizas when they mature! AS for you Errol...you drive a hard bargain! Seems like you've had practice at beating people down before over their prices. You should be ashamed taking advantage of innocent people like me!!! ;) ;)
It was fun and glad to have seen so many new people out. Hope you found what you were looking for.

Laura

Quote from: markw on September 26, 2010, 07:25:08 PM
AS for you Errol...you drive a hard bargain!

Errol - have you gone to the dark side of the cichlids?!?!
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

Dorrie

I had tons of fun :D
Didn't get the filter I was looking for, but some other nice things
A bag of Marsilea hirsuta and an air pump
Tubing, rocks and garlic flake food
Glass, aquareminder and another air pump
White cloud moutain minnows
Spare filter lid and algae magnet
My new membership :)
And maybe some stuff I forgot, but it was blast!
Thanks to everyone!