New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

2006 Home Show Tour

Started by artw, April 27, 2006, 08:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artw

The 2006 OVAS Home Show Video Tour will take place at the May Meeting,  May 29th.

In order to make it more fair this year, there will be 4 categories, and one prize for each. The voting will be done via silent ballot.  the categories are:  Freshwater,  Saltwater and African Cichlids.   I realize we have a saltwater club in Ottawa and they are welcome to sign up for the Home Show Video Tour.

Please PM me if you would like to sign up and let me know what date and time is best for you. I would like to shoot all of the videos during the week after 7pm...   They must be completed by May 25. I will be doing the video taping.  will shoot 5 minutes of video of your aquarium, and you can do a voiceover explaining what is in it, while the video is being played.

artw

ok we have the following entries for Home Show:  

Freshwater:  9
Saltwater: 2
African Cichlids: 3

artw

Ok here is my list so far:   Due to time restrictions at the meeting I have decided to limit entries to one category per person.  The videos will be 5 minutes per person and will be shot and presented in no particular order. 

Oenology - african cichlids
Gmann - african cichlids
Dpatte- african cichlids

Apistome - freshwater
Charlie - freshwater
Squeeker - freshwater
Toss - freshwater
Babblefish - freshwater
Garnpet - freshwater
PaleoFishGirl - freshwater
Colin Desouza - freshwater
Cassandra Desousa - freshwater

Nelson - saltwater
AZ - saltwater

artw

Quote from: DARKPHREAK on May 08, 2006, 05:14:53 PM
Not sure if Im added but if so when would it be cause Im on some weird shifts lately. Would you drive all the way to Rockland? Its kinda far for all you city folks...

Hi DP,  Rockland is a bit far, unfortunately.  you need to move closer to the city man ;D

artw

Seanc

i think we both cleaned up the same poast and now there are none left:( well i said that he should go out to DP place because i want to see that tank

Aiglos

How about driving to Pet to see my fish room ?

artw

The executive decided last year that we would limit the tank videoing to within the Ottawa city limits... as you can imagine driving to Petawawa, Almonte, or Rockland for example will quickly drain poor Art's bank account.   not to mention the time factor. Maintaining a 90 gallon tank with a teeny tiny crypt take a lot of time ;D

Alternately, for the people out of town,  feel free to submit me an AVI or a DIVX format video file of your aquarium, and we can enter that into the homeshow.  If you are interested in doing this please PM me and I will give you the FTP site information.     please note that since we are projecting this on the front wall it would need to  be a high quality video file,   digital camera movie modes not accepted.

Aiglos

I was actually just giving you a hard time Art :-)  No on expects you to do all that driving.

darkphreak

Quote from: artw on May 09, 2006, 09:16:52 AM
Hi DP,  Rockland is a bit far, unfortunately.  you need to move closer to the city man ;D

Nah the city bores me... oh well

babblefish1960

Quote from: artw on May 09, 2006, 10:40:13 AM
Thread cleaned up. 

Absolute power seems to be corrupting absolutely, I have no idea why this thread required cleaning, it was just beginning to get interesting. Moreover, was it for something wrong, or just to for the sake of maleficence. Even Idi Amin let people have their say as he lined them up to be shot explaining all the while that it was for their souls he was concerned. Even Kadhafy admitted he made a mistake trying to buy Chinese nuclear weapons from the Pakistani. Even Darth Vader admitted he was Luke's father before trying to finish killing him. Confess for your souls sake and leave the delete button alone ere a mass virtual smiting occur for your name's sake. :P

Bravo India Tango Echo Mike Echo :o :D :D :P

Seanc

artw

List updated.   The first 2 victims have been shot.

babblefish1960

Oh my goodness! If the "victims" are shot in tropical zones, will the awards be presented posthumously, and who will be left for the 2007 tour? :o

I myself, would like a cigarette upon being shot, do let me know when I should have one, cheers oh most powerful wizard of Oz.

You power mad moderators are getting very scary now the karma is all gone. :P

artw

List updated
5 people have been shot so far.

sarahbella

will these videos be available online after the meeting ??? 

artw

A divX file or files could be provided, yes.

nelson

Quote from: artw on May 18, 2006, 10:44:43 AM
A divX file or files could be provided, yes.

That would be appreciated Art

BigDaddy

Quote from: artw on May 18, 2006, 10:08:31 AM
List updated
5 people have been shot so far.

The remainder will be hung or drawn and quartered...

dpatte

Is it too late to be in the home tour? i want to enter 18 tanks ;)

babblefish1960

Hey dubya, what happened to the fish room category?  I know it was there, and I was looking forward to it, and you say there are 4 categories, but there are now only 3 :)
Curious math  :P

artw

APW is correct.
Dave I can come by and video one tank.  As noted there is no longer a Fishroom category.

(Babblefish, I know, I know, horrendous oppression)

artw

I only have 6 of the videos done so far, and I am already up to 30 minutes of tape.    Since I have only been given an hour timeslot I must close the door to submissions.  If your name is not on Post 3 of this thread unfortunately you will need to wait until next year.

Due to overwhelming response THIS year, we may decide to have 2 homeshows next year,  sort of like a winter one and a summer one.

artw

there is always next year.  I was thinking about this and I was going to propose  January - Fishroom Show and May - Aquarium Show.

artw

Everybody has been shot.  I have approx 50 minutes of footage.  I must say I really enjoyed doing it this year, I could have spent hours at each house looking at tanks and fishies.

apistome

Thank you alot Art-wuh,

you made my fish feel comfortable and relaxed during the whole shoot. You are a pro  ;D
I can't wait to see all the tanks on Monday.

sarahbella

Quote from: apistome on May 25, 2006, 11:54:28 AM

you made my fish feel comfortable and relaxed during the whole shoot. You are a pro  ;D

omg rotflmao!