New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

20Gallon long - complete re build

Started by charlie, February 26, 2011, 12:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

I completely re worked my 20 Gallon long @ the beginning of Feb.2011, now to wait for the tank to establish & tweak the scape & plants as it does so.
Tank - new 30x12 perfecto tank
Substrate - Fluval Plant Stratum substrate
Lighting - Hagen glo 2 X 24 watt T5 HO fixture with 2x 6500 K bulbs
Filter - Eheim Eco 2236
Heating - Hydor ETH 200 In-Line Heater-200 W
Fertilisation - As per Estimative index & pressurised CO 2 injection
Plants - Tonia Belhem, Dwarf Hair grass, Staurgyne sp, Lobelia Cardinalis
Livestock - Axelrod's Rasbora, CPD,Cherry shrimp, Amano shrimp, Otto cats Pygmy cories, SAE, Bushynose pleco

fischkopp

That's looking very nice, from aqua-scaping and photographic perspective!  ;)

One thing maybe: you can move the CO2 dispenser to the other side, then the bubbles get pushed around the tank by the spraybar.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Brine

Another fine job Errol. You certainly know your way around the planted tank.

smalltownfan

I've tried various arrangements with my setup but I just can't get that final look. The one that makes people go WOW, all i have gotten was "nice". You make it look easy, but that look is difficult to duplicate.
Errol, you got the WOW down pat!
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

charlie

Thanks guys.
Fischkopp- thanks for the tip  ;)
Smalltownfan & Brine -trust me there was quite a few trial & errors, still a ways to go in this hobby yet, main thing is having fun  & that i`m having loads of  :)
Errol

ray

Beautiful tanks as always Errol.Makes me want to try but I know i don't have either the artistry or the patience to achieve anything close to that

ray

charlie

Quote from: ray on February 28, 2011, 02:56:56 PM
Beautiful tanks as always Errol.Makes me want to try but I know i don't have either the artistry or the patience to achieve anything close to that

ray
Thanks Ray, i think you should start sourcing some hard to get plant gear for special order, i can send you a suggested list  :D

charlie

Updated - 3 months later

robt18

Totally different that before but I love it! I like the levels in this one more than previous, there are several different heights of plants, moreso than there were 3 months ago.

Looks great Errol!

pminister

i love the plant selection. and the tank looks great as well.

how many bags of the the Fluval substrate did you use in that tank?

magnosis

I was lucky enough to witness Errol's tank in person.  No kidding, these are some, if not THE best looking fw tanks I've seen with my own eyes !

Everything was immaculate, very impressive !

You tha man, Errol  8)  A fine mentor and great inspiration to us all !  Thanks for everything.

charlie

Cheebs

Wow, Gorgeous! Everything looks so healthy and the scape is quite artistic. Awesome :)

charlie

Quote from: Chubs on September 28, 2011, 09:35:30 AM
Wow, Gorgeous! Everything looks so healthy and the scape is quite artistic. Awesome :)
Thank you.

magnosis

Amazing  8)

What do you use for diffusing CO2 ?

charlie

Quote from: magnosis on September 28, 2011, 01:55:05 PM
Amazing  8)

What do you use for diffusing CO2 ?
Thanks Antoine.
I`m using the Fluval ceramic diffuser for this tank & it works great, does not clog as much as the regular ceramic diffusers , I know La Niche carries them for approx 12.00

pm

Man, if my tanks looked like that (or any of yours for that matter), I would enter it in the AGA or other contests... Too bad the AGA contest closed on Sept 26   :'(

charlie

Quote from: pm on September 28, 2011, 06:49:27 PM
Man, if my tanks looked like that (or any of yours for that matter), I would enter it in the AGA or other contests... Too bad the AGA contest closed on Sept 26   :'(
Thanks for the vote of confidence PM  ;)
If all goes to plan, i will be making an attempt @ putting together a tank with that in mind next year or the year after, we will see.