New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

LFS Employee

Started by CuckooJay, February 19, 2007, 09:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CuckooJay

My name is Jason and I am an employee of Big Al's Aquarium Services (Kanata). I've been working there part time for the last three years and absolutely love this hobby.  Many my customers would know me as the guy that set up the large (100gal) African display tank at the store.
   I have always been involved in all aspects of the pet trade, thanks to my father. He has breading and keeping everything possible, for as long as I can remember. Thus, the kid who was given the experience of watching his first cat being born many years ago has grown to love and respect life in it's entirety.
   To all those who share my curiosity for the world around them, I would like to say hello. Hopefully being a part of this site will allow me to give back to the comunity that has left me with so much.
Jason Baldwin

[attachment deleted by admin]

BigDaddy

Welcome on board Jason...  I'm sure you'll find the community spirit is what drives this site to be as popular as it is.

Enjoy!

NjOyRiD

WElcome to Ovas buddy

u like Pop tarts? :d hehe
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

beowulf

Sounds like you and I would get along!!!  Welcome and have fun, don't forget to check out the crazy OT forum with all it's wacky posts.  :D

kennyman

Glad to see you here Jason. I recognise you from the pictures and want say thanks for all the help you have given me in the past  :)

Looks like you enjoy a bit of hiking. That wouldn't be Barron Canyon over your shoulder would it?

Nerine

welcome to the group Jason!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

sniggir

good to see ya on here now I can bug ya here and at the store.... lol JK

Pat
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

babblefish1960

Welcome to the site cuckoojay, fathers can be great for introducing and encouraging lifelong hobbies, I'm sure we'll all find something to learn from someone as passionately disposed towards life. You may want to get into the on-line names thread and tell us how you came to be a cuckoo. :)

artw

Hey Jason from one BA employee to another, cheers! I think I recognise you from the christmas dinner last year.
and the mini putt, LOL

Sue

Welcome to site Jason. There used to be a OVAS member I think he was named Jim Baldwin, any chance you are related?

CuckooJay

Quote from: Sue on February 20, 2007, 12:53:33 PM
Welcome to site Jason. There used to be a OVAS member I think he was named Jim Baldwin, any chance you are related?

hahaha... yea, Jim Baldwin is my dad. I guess he does his share of talking on these threads. The fact is he knows a whoooooole freaking lot about pets. Ask him about his Ball Pythons and he'll talk to you for hours....

CuckooJay

Quote from: artw on February 20, 2007, 07:41:48 AM
Hey Jason from one BA employee to another, cheers! I think I recognise you from the christmas dinner last year.
and the mini putt, LOL

...ummmm...aaaaa... I have NOOOOOOO idea what you're talking about....haha. That was an iteresting night.

CuckooJay

Quote from: kennyman on February 19, 2007, 07:43:21 PM
Glad to see you here Jason. I recognise you from the pictures and want say thanks for all the help you have given me in the past  :)

Looks like you enjoy a bit of hiking. That wouldn't be Barron Canyon over your shoulder would it?

I'm not sure of the name of that canyon.... I went on a whitwater canoe trip down the Petawawa river last summer. I repelled three-thousand feet to the water, and was Confirmed/re-baptized in the water. It was about a two day trip to that point.

CuckooJay

pics of the trip

[attachment deleted by admin]

BigDaddy

Close to Baron Canyon.. but not quite...  the Madawaska is the river that cuts the Canyon in half...

Cool pics none the less

PaleoFishGirl

More trips of wet dudes with no shirts on please!

Oh... welcome to the forum! :)

busdriver

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on February 20, 2007, 09:13:44 PM

I don't think you'd wanna see me without a shirt on, now would you?
From an ol' dude or is that dud?

Oh, yeah and welcome to the loony bin, Jason ;D ;D :D ;)
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

beowulf

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on February 20, 2007, 09:13:44 PM

PERV!!!  >:( :-*

fishycanuck

Yeh, let's just be clear.... no photos of shirtless Babbles, BusDrivers, or anyone else who needs a back waxing.
The wax is on the boil, I have many strips of linen, and am ready to swing into action.....

(Oh yes, welcome to the club Jason)

CuckooJay

ummmmm.... well, I didn't expect that response to my pics... haha, oh well. And yea I agree... no harry pics.