New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hi I'm B Itterman not Bitter Man

Started by bitterman, December 12, 2006, 09:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitterman

Hi all I'm all about DIY and Fronts.

And I can't spell or type :p (Ask Art, PFG, Sas or RoxyDog about that, or chat in the chat room some time)

My well water has a wierd ph of 9.1 :)

Bruce

babblefish1960

Hello bitterman, I am pleased to hear you aren't actually bitter.

For your viewing pleasure, if you are concerned about the spelling, we have a spellcheck button for corrections whenever you post.

Perhaps you might like to share a little about your frontosas, I understand you are very knowledgable and have quite a few of them.

You must be in limestone to have such a high pH in your well.

What sort of DIY do you refer? In general, or does this include aquariums too?

darkdep

Bruce, there is definetly more to you as a person than your well water pH.  :)

bitterman

Quote from: babblefish1960 on December 12, 2006, 12:12:02 PM
Hello bitterman, I am pleased to hear you aren't actually bitter.

For your viewing pleasure, if you are concerned about the spelling, we have a spellcheck button for corrections whenever you post.

Perhaps you might like to share a little about your front's, I understand you are very knowledgable and have quite a few of them.

You must be in limestone to have such a high pH in your well.

What sort of DIY do you refer? In general, or does this include aquariums too?

Babblefish, I do use the spell checking, but it does not work in chat.

Limestone probably...... My well water is very basic!

For the aquarium:
DIY Automatic Water Change System
    A DIY Automatic drip Water Change System. Submitted by Bitterman. (29 May 2006)
DIY Home Depot Trickle filter
    A simple and effect Do It Yourself trickle filter make from Home Depot pails and pot scrubbers. Submitted by Bitterman. (09 May 2006)

I also built the moonlights for my tank (Did not do an article on it though, maybe next time, once I get the 65 Gallon Diamond tank going this week.)

I also built my 172 in the wall (in wall tank), I also do carpentry and cabinet making (Built kitchen cabinets for 3 homes).

Frontosa, Well I got my fronts March 31, 2006 from Mark (from Drumbo)  They were about 1.25" to 1.5" when I got all 10

My fronts are decent quality Burundi Frontosa. One of the most common frontosa in the aquarium industry hence the difficulty in getting decent stock. Burundi frontosa are known for the large humps that develop on their heads. For more information on different variants of frontosa and collection points do a search on the forum. The following url outline alot of information for anyone with interest in frontosa:
http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=12050.0

Pics of my fronts:

Goto my gallery http://ovas.ca/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;u=531

cory

bitterman

I have upgraded to G1 Adult Mpimbwe Gibberosa. I miss my burundi and hope to get a sp varient some time in the future again.

They have sawned for me and I actually have 26 Fry at the moment growing out!!!

Bruce

dan2x38

Quote from: bitterman on December 12, 2006, 01:38:18 PM
I also built the moonlights for my tank (Did not do an article on it though, maybe next time, once I get the 65 Gallon Diamond tank going this week.)

Would be interested in seeing that moonlight article... nice set-ups!

Spelling my down fall too... in chat a disaster...  :D
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

sniggir

hey your spelling is great compared to mine.....
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!