New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Stopping by to say hi

Started by elseddie, February 01, 2012, 11:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elseddie

Just joined the OVAS forum today, so wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I'm retired from a job in marketing communications, and basically inherited my son's aquarium when he finished high school and left town to go to university. That was about 10 years ago -- he's back in town, married with two kids and a couple of new tanks... and I still have his old ones.

So, anyway, now I have three tanks:

- 25 gallon reef tank with percula clown, harlequin basslet, chalk basslet, fairy wrasse and damsel fish... two green bubble tip anemones (used to be one till it cloned itself), yellow cabbage leather, devil's hand, toadstool leather, favia, candy cane, zoo, open brain coral, Aussie lobo coral, clove polyps, star polyps, and a variety of mushooms, ricordia, and button polyps.

- 45 gallon breeder tank, home to Pete the Pleco, an 8-year-old 14-inch common pleco, plus a variety of mollies, a clown loach and couple of cories and some Salvinia Auriculata floating on top.

- finally, a 6-gallon eclipse tank with a couple of green tiger barbs, with some java ferns for company

All-in-all, keeps me busy and out of my wife's way during these cold winter days.

Will be on the lookout for some new floating plants for Pete's place at the OVAS acution in March.

Thanks for accepting my forum application... now I can stop lurking as a guest :)

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

sas

Hi and welcome :).
You'll have lots of fun at the auction for sure.
There are also mini auctions held at certain monthly
meetings.

bizfromqc

Welcome aboard!

I just joined about a month ago and already met some very cool and knowledgeable people (and some crazy ones too)  8) The people here are very friendly and put up with all my questions  ;D

Check out the "Plants" section of the forum, some great stuff there. Tthe "Plantaholics" also meet outside or the regular OVAS meetings if you want to partake in that too, check out the post here for the next meeting!

Eric

touchofsky

Cheebs

DaWolfe

Monte

Welcome to Ovas. The more the merrier !!
40 Gallon Breeder

bettabreeder

Rybren

120G Reef