New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

bow front dead.

Started by 10gnano, May 08, 2011, 09:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10gnano

well on thursday morning i woke up to my basement flooded. The bottom seal on my bowfront tank sprung a leak overnight. I had bought a 55 gallon drilled a month or so ago. But i was not looking at doing the change so soon. I lost everything but some of my snails and some hermit crabs. all my corals are dead.

Greatwhite

ugg... no good! :(  Sorry for the loss.

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

dan2x38

My heart goes out to you sorry to hear! :(
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Thunda

Really sorry to hear.  It's such a heart breaking thing to wake up too.

sas

Oh dear, sorry to hear. :(
Not a good morning wake up call at all.

10gnano

well i have my 55 gallon botton drilled running now. So much nicer than my bow front. just need to reload it with coral. I had a hammer coral in the old tank that i think is coming back to life.

10gnano

I had 3 24 inch t5s on my old tank. any suggestions on what I should do to light the new tank? i was thinking of buying 1 48 inch strip to go across the front with a 10kand 20k bulb in it. and i was going to use my 24 inch t5ho with 2 actinic bulbs in it across the back of the tank.

dan2x38

want some red/green zoas to help get things going?
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Darth

I can also frag you a piece if my colt and or toadstool  :'(

10gnano

im in pembroke.  but i do apreciate the offer guys.