New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

33g iwagumi cube

Started by exv152, August 13, 2014, 09:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exv152

This is my latest project I've been working on since May. I started with a dry start, and then flooded a month later.

Tank- Fire 33 gallon starfire cube, 50cm X 50cm X 50cm (20"x20"x20")
Glass - 8mm starfire high-clarity glass

CO2 system - Concoa 312 series dual stage regulator w/ 10lbs tank, inline up aqua atomic atomizer 12/16mm
Lighting - 4x 24watt T5HO bulbs
Filtration - eheim ecco
Heaters - 150w eheim jäger

Substrate - ADA Amazonia
Stone - Seiryu stone
Fauna - 8 Microrasbora rubescens, dozens of cherry shrimp
Flora - hemianthus callitrichoides, marsilea crenata, hydrocotyle tripartite sp. japan

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Love it, great job Eric.
It sure filled in since I saw it.
Errol

TLe041

Awesome tank. Very natural looking.

Is that an ADA Aquasky light on the other tank in the last picture?!
Tony

exv152

Quote from: TLe041 on August 13, 2014, 11:33:01 PM
Awesome tank. Very natural looking.

Is that an ADA Aquasky light on the other tank in the last picture?!

Thanks, Yup, it's the aquasky 601.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

fischkopp

I like this tank a lot! You did a great job arranging the rocks, and the two plants work very well together. Harmony.

All you guys posting nice pics of your tanks makes me feel bad about neglecting my tanks over the summer ... 
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

daworldisblack

Very nice scape Eric! Where did you get the rocks from? Its a very cool looking masterpiece! I'm glad to see the H. Tripatita is taking off! Looks amazing :)
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

exv152

Quote from: daworldisblack on August 14, 2014, 12:14:35 AMVery nice scape Eric! Where did you get the rocks from? Its a very cool looking masterpiece! I'm glad to see the H. Tripatita is taking off! Looks amazing :)

Thanks I got the rocks from BA's a while back, and I've used them a couple of time over. But I also added new ones to group them all together and create a mound. Giving the illusion that it's more rock than it actually is.  Then I filled in the gaps with aquasoil. The tripartite sp at one point just exploded. I think trimming it makes it grow faster. Very elegant and easy plant.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

wolfiewill

Wow. Just saw the picks. It really looks great. Wouldn't that tank look good on your main floor somewhere? How 'bout near the kitchen so you can enjoy it all the time. Just asking....
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

exv152

Quote from: fischkopp on August 13, 2014, 11:54:25 PM
I like this tank a lot! You did a great job arranging the rocks, and the two plants work very well together. Harmony.

All you guys posting nice pics of your tanks makes me feel bad about neglecting my tanks over the summer ...  

Thanks, but in all honesty it's a lot of maintenance. Especially to keep the HC rooted, which is why I threw in some hydrocotyle, and it's helped. But the hydrocotyle grows fast, and is now out-competing the HC. There's only so much you can do to control plants.

Quote from: wolfiewill on August 15, 2014, 11:27:52 PM
Wow. Just saw the picks. It really looks great. Wouldn't that tank look good on your main floor somewhere? How 'bout near the kitchen so you can enjoy it all the time. Just asking....

Thanks, the pics are actually deceiving, it quite large. It's 20x20x20" all around. Besides, like yourself, I've been relegated to the dungeon with my hobby because the WC's wreck the hardwood floors.
:(
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

sas

Very nice Eric!
It's too nice to be in the basement for sure.