New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Project ACO tank-Aids Committee Ottawa

Started by charlie, October 23, 2014, 07:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barefoot_golfer

Errol,

Just back from Kingston to pickup the donated 90G aquarium from Miracles Aquarium.   
Tank looks great ...... thanks again goes out to Derek - Miracles Aquarium!

My rendez vous spot was @ Finaddicts who I have to mention had a great selection of fish! 

charlie

Quote from: barefoot_golfer on November 06, 2014, 05:53:13 PM
Errol,

Just back from Kingston to pickup the donated 90G aquarium from Miracles Aquarium.   
Tank looks great ...... thanks again goes out to Derek - Miracles Aquarium!

My rendez vous spot was @ Finaddicts who I have to mention had a great selection of fish! 

Great news, Dang I`m getting excited

ajm1961

The OVAS executive has agreed to provide funds to help this project. This aligns with one of our club's objectives:  to promote local area interest in the hobby. It is also an opportunity to give back to our community as a non-profit organization.

After talking with Errol on what is required, I will pick up two T5 kits (to be inserted under the canopy), and one bag of Eco Complete substrate for a total of over $100.

Thanks to all of you who are helping out - OVASians, you are the best!
:)
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

wolfiewill

Quote from: ajm1961 on November 07, 2014, 05:31:05 AM
....I will pick up two T5 kits (to be inserted under the canopy), and one bag of Eco Complete substrate for a total of over $100.

What kind of T5 kits are you getting?
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

charlie

charlie

Quote from: limed on November 05, 2014, 05:46:03 AM
  Let me know if you need any Pleco's , have lots of them. If you are missing items
for this project I have some credit at La Niche you can use.

Ed
That is very generous of you Ed, thank you, perhaps I can put together  supplies list, such as basic water treatment . food etc.?

charlie

I just want to say how blown away I am at the response from the club & this community,.
When Ron first asked me to help with this project, I said yes without fully knowing what it will take to do this, as I thought it out, I quickly concluded this project requires more than I thought, I discussed it with Ron and started this thread reaching out for help, the result is an amazing response , so on behalf of ACO, Ron & myself Thank you all.
Errol

Pyrrolin

I can't wait to read a thread about the actual setup and some pics to go along with it and updates once the tank gets going well.  I bet it is going to be an amazing tank with the ideas from a few different people contributing.

charlie

Phase 1 is now done, Ron did a fantastic job with the old furniture.

exv152

I have tons of lemon tetras and some angelfish to donate to the build if it helps.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Went to install the T5`s kindly donated by OVAS, so I took the opportunity to play around with the driftwood. The smaller piece of driftwood was kindly donated by Got Fish Inc., the XP 4 in picture was donated by Stussi613.
Thank you all.

lucius

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

missavgp

Wow! Love how the stand came out and I can't even imagine how great it is going to look 'scaped with that driftwood.  :)
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

charlie

Update : Tank is ready for planting tomorrow (Sunday)
Big thanks to Critter Jungle who generously donated the rocks.
Also to Greg who will be donating 90% of the plants.
The following guys will be giving up there Sunday morning to complete this project.
Daworldisblack , exv152, wolfiewil & yours truly.
OVAS community rocks, thank you all.
Errol

charlie

To the fish geeks, can you ID the fish to the left next to the angel, I`m thinking Severum?

charlie

phew long day & big shout out to Wolfiewill,exv152 & daworldisblack.

charlie

planting phase

Right after filling & cloudy.
Next is to hook up the CO2, Second filter, gradual introduction of more fish - school of 30 lemon Tetras 7-8 Angels, all generously donated by exv152 ( thank you)

Errol

lucius

Looks great.  So what plants made it into the tank?

exv152

From what I recall we had some bolbitis, cryptocoryne wendtii red & brown, tenellus, staurogyne, java fern regular and needle leaf, red tiger lotus bulbs,  giant vals,  sagittaria, a bit of anubias, christmas moss, and maybe another one or two others.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g