New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tank Builder not far from here.

Started by Shrimpy, July 08, 2007, 11:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrimpy

He is advertising on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150138330086#description. He is in Flinton, Ontario which is just North of Hwy. 7 by Kaladar. I may just take a drive out there this week and see him. :)

Alchemist

$100 for a 114g tank with sliding glass lids??????  Wow....he's about 40 mins away from me.

Shrimpy

Quote from: Alchemist on July 09, 2007, 01:41:56 PM
$100 for a 114g tank with sliding glass lids??????  Wow....he's about 40 mins away from me.

Yeah, but that would be for a terraruim (sp?). He only makes aquariums up to 70 gallons because the glass he uses is only 1/4".

Alchemist

aha...yeah just re-read it.  So he'll make a 70g though?

darkdep

Nice fellow.  Ask him if you need custom sizes; I have unique needs for the rework I want to do this year and although he doesn't have the long glass I was hoping for in stock right now, he DOES have some great breeding tanks for sale; 55gallon in breeder dimensions (36"L x 22"W x 16"H) for $35 each...

Quatro

Quote from: DarkDep on July 09, 2007, 09:18:55 PM
55gallon in breeder dimensions (36"L x 22"W x 16"H) for $35 each...

sweet.  lets go.  who's got a truck?  do you know if he drills as well?

Shrimpy

Quote from: Quatro on July 09, 2007, 09:31:50 PM
sweet.  lets go.  who's got a truck?  do you know if he drills as well?

No he doesn't drill tanks. But if you're going out that far for a tank, ya might as well swing down to Jim's at Forty Fathoms and get the tank drilled there. :)

darkdep

He has about 24 of those 55gallon tanks.  I'm in for a truck trip.

RoxyDog

Quote from: DarkDep on July 10, 2007, 10:07:47 AM
He has about 24 of those 55gallon tanks.  I'm in for a truck trip.

you don't have a truck  :P 
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

darkdep

Yes, but I was going to convince YOU to take me.  :)

bitterman

Quote from: RoxyDog on July 10, 2007, 10:20:44 AM
you don't have a truck  :P 

I have a truck :) and might be able to take a trip if someone was paying gas :) My wife will kill me if I get any more tanks, but the 55 breeders woudl be nice fry grown out for fronts.

Bruce

RoxyDog

Quote from: DarkDep on July 10, 2007, 10:43:12 AM
Yes, but I was going to convince YOU to take me.  :)

how did I know?    ::)  ;) 
I could fit a bunch in the back of the santa fe, but I could only take one passenger then. I don't need a tank, but if you need the ride, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

bitterman

I could definitely use one of those 55 breeders for a Sump on my current setup! If I am going I might try to sneak one home! :) If not and someone else is going, I want one :)

Thanks,
   Bruce

darkdep

I second that. If anyone DOES manage to go, I want two for sumps :)

bitterman

I breefly thought a fish wall of 9 of them would be very sexy, but then reality kicked in and I knew my wife would kill me If I purchased another 9 tanks + a sump LOL!!!

I might get away with the sump, the rest Hmmm no.

So Chris are you not planning to go and get a bunch for your new fishroom expansion? $35 each is a steal and the 114 gallon tanks for $100 would work for small Frontosa colonies (1M 4F), although a longer tank is more desirable.

Bruce

darkdep

I haven't ruled it out.  :)  But, have to get through a vacation with the family before expansion thoughts occur.

I may be reconfigging what I have before I expand.  I want some BIG tanks, and the laundry room move doesn't look like it's happening as fast as I'd like; plus, I barely have enough time to take care of my existing stock! 

audioslave_36

How far away is this ? I am up for a road trip :) and I able to bring some back with me for those that can't make the trip.

Dave

Shrimpy

It's a 1/2 hour North of Belleville. Just take Hwy. 7 from Ottawa until you get to Kaladar ~2 hours drive depending on the driver. LOL Then head North for a little. :) 

I will definately be going to see this guy. I'm going to call him tomorrow and go out on Friday to take a look see and get some questions answered. If you guys/gals have any questions, post them now and I'll ask him on Friday.

...and NO I can't bring any tanks back for you. My wife will have her SUV on Friday and I only have a Jetta!

...and NO I won't strap tanks to the roof for you guys/gals either! LOL

However if any of you want to wait until late August, I could make a trip down with a skidoo trailer and bring as many tanks back as you want as long as you're all willing to split the cost of the gas.

Jesse

Shrimpy, if you go down there with taht trailor at the end of August, count me in, i will get a terrarium or two and some smaller tanks. I will pay half the gas depending on how many people order tanks.