New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

GROUP BUILD: Micromatic CO2 Regulator

Started by daworldisblack, April 09, 2012, 11:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

exv152

Quote from: charlie on April 20, 2012, 08:03:33 AM
Nice find Eric, that should be a sticky.
Thanks for posting it.
Errol

I figured maybe we could take pictures of our group build, and make that a sticky ;)

So the deadline is here, what's next?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: exv152 on April 20, 2012, 11:25:33 AM
I figured maybe we could take pictures of our group build, and make that a sticky ;)

So the deadline is here, what's next?
Rahul is the man,
I guess confirm your order so Rahul can place the order
Mine is as follows
1- Micromatic regulator
2- Clippard solenoids
1 pkg of CLIPPARD FEMALE BUSHING 1/8" X REDUCER
1 pkg Short Coupling, #10-32 10 per pk
That is it for me
Errol
10-32 9qty per pk)10

charlie

A few of us planted hobbyist ( Rah, Andrew Eric & myself) have embarked on doing a decent co2 regulator build, to this end we have decided on the Micromatic CO2 Regulators, these have proven to be good enough for our purposes without breaking the bank & was the first of the acquired parts to arrive here is a picture of the building block this build is centered around .
Errol

charlie

bizfromqc

Quote from: charlie on May 01, 2012, 01:40:55 PM
See this thread to follow the progress
http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=53644.0#new

Don't want to clutter your build thread so I'll post my question here.

Did you guys end up getting a rebate/deal because you bought 4 instead of 1 or were the savings mostly on combined shipping?

Eric

charlie

Quote from: bizfromqc on May 01, 2012, 02:06:26 PM

Did you guys end up getting a rebate/deal because you bought 4 instead of 1 or were the savings mostly on combined shipping?

Eric
To answer your question, there was no rebate discount, as you pointed out it saved on shipping.
Errol

daworldisblack

Quote from: bizfromqc on May 01, 2012, 02:06:26 PM

Eric

They are used to dealing with bars/restaurants/etc. that order 20 regs and up so for a meagre 4 there wasn't much they could do lol. But we saved on shipping though so it still worked out.
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

exv152

I'm really looking forward to gettin' the ball rolling on this one. Seeing the shiny new regulator today just renewed my excitment. Hopefully those remaining parts come sooner than expected.

Errol, I know I asked you this earlier but it slips my memory now. What are the thread sizes for the elbow piece I'll need to get to mount my bubble counter again? And where do you think I can get the best bargain for these parts?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: exv152 on May 01, 2012, 05:50:17 PM
I'm really looking forward to gettin' the ball rolling on this one. Seeing the shiny new regulator today just renewed my excitment. Hopefully those remaining parts come sooner than expected.

Errol, I know I asked you this earlier but it slips my memory now. What are the thread sizes for the elbow piece I'll need to get to mount my bubble counter again? And where do you think I can get the best bargain for these parts?
Here is a list of the brass fittings that will be needed for assembly for those that will be useing the bubble counter mounted on the needle valve
1- Brass female reducer bushing - 1/4 NPT to 1/8 NPT - NPT = National Pipe Threeads
evrything else hereafter will be 1/8 NPT threads
1- 3 inch 1/8 NPT  male thread brass pipe
2- brass 90 degree 1/8 NPT Male - Female street elbow

androo303

Eric, can you buy me the parts too? I purchased the bubble counter that you showed me on eBay so I want to make sure it works!!!   ;D

exv152

Quote from: androo303 on May 01, 2012, 11:06:22 PM
Eric, can you buy me the parts too? I purchased the bubble counter that you showed me on eBay so I want to make sure it works!!!   ;D

No problem, I'll be picking up a few extras since I'm considering adding a second bubble counter anyway. You can pay me back when we get together to do the build.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: exv152 on May 02, 2012, 10:47:38 AM
No problem, I'll be picking up a few extras since I'm considering adding a second bubble counter anyway. You can pay me back when we get together to do the build.
Eric if you are thinking of 2 needle valves & 2 bubble counters to feed 2 tanks you will need one Brass 1/8 NPT female" T"& an extra elbow.
All pics are for reference only , as each manf. have slightly different looks.
Errol

exv152

Excellent thanks Errol. You wouldn't happen to have an extra NV would you?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

exv152

Errol, I was able to find all the fittings except the street elbow female to male 1/8 fitting. And, just to clarify, do you mean Andrew and I will need two of these each, plus an additional elbow if I go with the T splitter ?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Finally mission accomplished, sorry i had you guys in holding mode for a bit.
It was nice getting together building the rigs & talking fishy stories.
Errol

exv152

And thank you again Errol for building my rig, it's always nice getting together with other hobbyists to talk fish stuff. I look forward to the next planted tank meeting.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

exv152

Rah and Andrew, here are the links I mentioned earlier, the same things Errol was talking about to ensure you don't blow your gauges, and some extra must knows.

This entire page is worth reading...
http://blog.greenleafaquariums.com/category/how-to-advice/

The CO2 setup video...
http://blog.greenleafaquariums.com/2009/10/07/how-to-setup-a-pressurized-co2-system-for-the-planted-aquarium/
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g