New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

jabeo wp-25 or wp-40

Started by Darth, February 15, 2014, 01:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth

been reading  some great things on these pumps, anyone here use them?reviews?

Dxpert

I was reading good things about them, especially for the price. Apparently you can DIY a control cable for 0-10v control with the Apex Neptune.

If you are going to order some let me know, I'd be interested in 2 wp-25's depending on price.

Stussi613

Greatwhite got two of the wp-40vs and really likes them.  I know a few people on Aylmer Salty's were looking to do an order, I'll see if it's still going because I'm going to get a pair of them for my 130g.  If anyone has a link for the diy cable for the Neptune control I'd appreciate it since I'm going Neptune Lite on my tank (already got one at Marinescape since they had stock and the Lite version was the best value and was discontinued).
I haz reef tanks.

Darth

I have seen them so far for $65 on ebay, I am heading home to NY in march for march break, I think I am gonna order them and have them shipped to my sisters house cause its cheaper to ship there I will let you guys know

Wooki

I've been considerin the WP-40 too.  Raging reef in montreal stocks them.  The wp-40 is going for $99.  I think there is free shipping if one buys over a certain amount too.
180g mixed reef,
Mostly LPS with some SPS.
powder blue tang, Desjardin's sailfin tang, mandarin goby, clowns, lots of inverts

Salt

I have two Jabeo 40 love them and one brand new in the box if you wanna give it a whirl I'll lend it to you.
: )

Ebay is one resource however you may be interested in trying fish--street aswell.

Send me an email if interested.

Salt

Forgot to mention the two 40's I have is overkill in my 75 and the extra brand new in the box I could lend you also has a dc converter.....but I want it back : ) when I set up my new tank

Rybren

I'm curious.  Do you think that a single WP40 is too much for your 75G?  I've been debating between a WP25 and a WP40.
120G Reef

Salt

One is sufficient in my opnion dialed back.  The knock on these pumps are they lose power or breakdown.  Mine have been runnning problem free since OCtober 2013...fingers cross it continues. 

Again if anyone is interested in giving one a whirl they are more than welcome to TRY not KEEP one of mine. I have one brand new in the box.

Stussi613

I'm surprised Greatwhite's not adding to this (hopefully he hasn't given up in ovas) but he's running two WP-25's on his 90 and says the flow is great.

Now that I see that I can diy a cable to control them with my Apex I'm totally going for 2xWP-40's for my 130g.
I haz reef tanks.

Rybren

Quote from: Salt on February 17, 2014, 03:26:39 PM
One is sufficient in my opnion dialed back.  The knock on these pumps are they lose power or breakdown.  Mine have been runnning problem free since OCtober 2013...fingers cross it continues. 

Again if anyone is interested in giving one a whirl they are more than welcome to TRY not KEEP one of mine. I have one brand new in the box.

Well, if no one else is interested in taking you up on your offer, I'd love to try one. Thanks.  Heck, I think that I'd be happy just seeing one up and running.

120G Reef

Salt

Hey Rybren,

Sorry someone has asked to borrow it, however I could sertainly turn it into a loaner afterwards.

Unfortunately for me, I'm in the process of selling my home so the new build is being delayed longer than I would like so I still can't use my third.

I will post a loaner site once the other member returns it to me : )

Rybren

Thanks, not a problem.   I was more curious to see one running than anything else.
120G Reef

Darth

thanks  for all the replies, I am going to go with a wp-25 for my 56 gal, I think its gonna be enough, the wp-40 may be a bit much for my tank

Dxpert

I'd like to try the wp10 for my planted freshwater tank.

Greatwhite

Wow. How did I miss this thread?  I log in very regularly and scan the new posts and hit "mark all read" if nothing fun pops out. This must have been in the mess one day? (Stomach bug had me out of commission for a couple days too)

Anyways, yes I have two wp40s in my 90. They are beauties. I upgraded from koralia pumps that were about the same size physically, but the output is much greater from the WPs.

I am not using the pulse mode that generates lots of waves because I'm nervous of splashes. But the other settings are very nice.

I have mine set to ramp up in 8 gradual steps on one side of the tank and I had the other side on the 6 step setting for random whirls in the current. I found that there was a little too much movement on the sandbed still and have since set one side to always on.

So to answer the question, yes two of these in a 75 would probably be too much.  But I would still do it because of the night time feature. When lights are out, the pumps go to 1/2 power.

Having the flow against the wavy side calms the movement slightly and still gives me the whirls. Later on, I may decide to change the flow configuration and I can do that by using the controllers and not move power heads around.

I have only had them for a month or two, but it was definitely worth the money. I ordered direct from h

Greatwhite

Gah. Hit send by accident.

I ordered from Hong Kong. Cheap shipping and they were here in 6 days.

eBay had options in the states with expensive shipping and duty...  No duty from HK.

I would have bought locally - even if the price was higher, but no shops in town carry the cheap "made in China" products. :)

Dxpert

What site did you order from in HK? Fish street?

Greatwhite

Correctamundo.  I think the price from them with shipping was better than on eBay, and I think there's a bit of a warranty since I ordered from them...?  Maybe...? :)

RickGervs

I own a wp-40 is it's very powerful, too powerful for my 90 gal.

So I bought this as well.

http://www.fish-street.com/12v_to_24v_power_supply_for_jebao_wp-60_wp-40_wp-25_wp10_fs14000_replacement_pump

Which allows me to control the power.

I really recommend this power supply for anyone who's getting a Jebao pump.

Overall it's a wonderful pump but only one does not cover everything in the tank. So I might run 2 at half the power.