New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

jabeo wp-25 or wp-40

Started by Darth, February 15, 2014, 01:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greatwhite

Quote from: Greatwhite on February 20, 2014, 01:26:08 AM
Anyways, yes I have two wp40s in my 90. They are beauties. I upgraded from koralia pumps that were about the same size physically, but the output is much greater from the WPs.

Waaay back, I said I had two WP40s, I MEANT to say I have two WP25s!!  And these are perfect in my 90G. 

I had since ordered the twin controller and variable voltage power supply.  I am thinking that this secondary purchase was not entirely necessary, if the only reason for it was to have a way to reduce my flow a bit.  What I am gaining is the ability to have one feed button, and one controller synchronizing the 2 pumps.

Darth

so I have had this pump for a few weeks,  and now i figured out the timer issue, gotta say I love them,. I know everyone (well lots of people) say cheap china knock offs suck, but aren't ALL pumps made in china LOL. so love, love  LOVE it!!

Greatwhite

Quote from: Darth on March 30, 2014, 07:22:00 AM
so I have had this pump for a few weeks,  and now i figured out the timer issue, gotta say I love them,. I know everyone (well lots of people) say cheap china knock offs suck, but aren't ALL pumps made in china LOL. so love, love  LOVE it!!

The people who badmouth them are the ones who shelled out all the $$ for Vortec pumps.

kjasjg

Quote from: Stussi613 on March 14, 2014, 05:02:29 PM
I ordered the double controller too, but I might just opt to make the 10v diy cable for my Apex controller instead of mounting the Jeabo one to my wall  ???

My tank is the same size as yours. did you end up with 2 wp40 and are they too much?
Thanks

Stussi613

Quote from: kjasjg on May 12, 2014, 09:44:41 AM
My tank is the same size as yours. did you end up with 2 wp40 and are they too much?
Thanks

I got 2x WP-25's and they make a 1" wave that laps over my euro bracing on 50‰ power.  These are the best pumps in ever.
I haz reef tanks.

kjasjg

that sounds great. I think I'll pick up a couple then
Thanks

Greatwhite

I like the setting with the new twin controller that I didn't even know about until I sold my pumps... 2 minutes one direction, then 2 minutes the other.  It seems to me that it simulates the ocean a little more than pulsing waves - and it doesn't cause the water to lap over things. :)

(and yes, I DID feel like a chump for not finding that setting myself...)

Stussi613

Quote from: Greatwhite on May 12, 2014, 01:21:16 PM
I like the setting with the new twin controller that I didn't even know about until I sold my pumps... 2 minutes one direction, then 2 minutes the other.  It seems to me that it simulates the ocean a little more than pulsing waves - and it doesn't cause the water to lap over things. :)

(and yes, I DID feel like a chump for not finding that setting myself...)

So how does one activate that super power mode?
I haz reef tanks.

Greatwhite

From the "manual".  I think this is the setting;

C Switch to Flow make mode.  (New Function)

• P1 and P2 can switch to cycling flow make in this mode. P1 work, P2 stop--P1 stop, P2 work--P1 work, P2 stop and repeating the cycling by adjusting P1_FLOWâ? 、 â??P2_FLOW

I sold my wp's to Jetjumper, and he told me of this wonderiffic setting.  It's exactly what I was hoping for when I got my twin controller - but didn't find.  It'd be nice if the controller had some "proper english" instructions or even *gasp* labels on the unit.

kjasjg

Another silly question:

I have 2 tunze pumps and a koralia moving the water.

with the wavemaker pumps I realize I can't eliminate the others but can I reduce the number of them?

what have people done with their pumps after installing the wavemaker?

Thanks

Greatwhite

When I got my WP25s, one of my koralias just bit the bullet so was removed.  The 2nd one became a salt water mixer...  I didn't need any more than the 2 pumps because of the changes in flow direction causing lots of nice water movement.

Stussi613

Quote from: Greatwhite on May 12, 2014, 08:28:28 PM
From the "manual".  I think this is the setting;

C Switch to Flow make mode.  (New Function)

• P1 and P2 can switch to cycling flow make in this mode. P1 work, P2 stop--P1 stop, P2 work--P1 work, P2 stop and repeating the cycling by adjusting P1_FLOWâ? 、 â??P2_FLOW

I sold my wp's to Jetjumper, and he told me of this wonderiffic setting.  It's exactly what I was hoping for when I got my twin controller - but didn't find.  It'd be nice if the controller had some "proper english" instructions or even *gasp* labels on the unit.

This setting is magical.  I shortened the time it flows in each direction because it's blowing a crap load of sand around the bottom of the tank.  All I have in the new setup is GSP and it's open about 2x what it was when I had the powerheads on W1 setting and my yellow tangs and clowns move from side to side of the tank playing in the current. 

Thanks to JetJumper for telling you about this setting and to you for posting it!
I haz reef tanks.

JetJumper

:like:  :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
.: JetJumper's Zone :.