New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

moon lights/LED ARE IN!!!

Started by Seanc, January 03, 2006, 01:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seanc

ok
i'm bidding on 4 sets of 50 right now.
so every one that wants LED's wants resistors? i'm asuming that more people want resistors then people who don't, so anyone who does not want resistors PM me.

Also does any one know how much power supplys cost here in ottawa? is there a big difference bettween 12V and 6V?

thanks for the link BadTiming, i also found that when i was serching, ialso found this http://aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=53270. it seems pritty good.
thanks
sean

BadTiming

Sean,

Nice link...

Try digikey http://www.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Selection. You can order online with your Visa with next day delivery. Also Resistors.
The Source(Radio Shack) would likely have the parts.  

Bad Timing
Currently upgrading

Mila

Can you get some white LEDs?

jgolden

Quote from: "BadTiming"... Also Resistors.
The Source(Radio Shack) would likely have the parts.
Unfortunately, no. When CircuitCity bought out radio Shack, they stopped stocking stuff like resistors. If any TheSource stores still have any in stock, it's old stock left over from its previous life. That's why I had to go to Gervais Electronics.

Sad but true.

jgolden

Quote from: "Seanc"... Also does any one know how much power supplys cost here in ottawa? is there a big difference bettween 12V and 6V?
Don't know if there's a big difference between the 6V and 12V adapters or not, but as a sample of cost, the one at canadian Tire retails for about $14. http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474396669708&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474396670271&bmUID=1136511889446&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524443276509&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true

ToX

So when are we doing this???

Seanc

i have bought all the LED's and about to buy the resistors, so depending on the shipping they should be here in 2 weeks

Seanc

oki got some 470 resistors, wich meens that you will need a 12V adapter, wich can be found at almost all electronic stores, and princes auto. i will put how much it will cost for an LED, and resistor in the near future.

bitterman

I would like about 32 Resisters and LEDs to build moonlights for my tanks if there are any left.

Thanks,
        Bruce

blizzack1

Would anyone be interested in modifying my canopy with moonlights for cash?

az

AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

gvv

Seanc

its taking a while, shiping was late because of some comunication problems, but i think they should be here during  the earlyer part of next week.

FishBuddy

Good news Seanc....  Now, let the fun begin :-)

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

Seanc

LED's are in!!!!! well I made a big mistake with the shiping and had it shiped to my dad's work, wich he hasn't been to since 2 months ago(french training) and the have been here since the 9th :oops: . but they are here now and i will bring them to the meating for every one who is going.

FishBuddy

I'll be at the meeting this coming Monday....  Please let us know how much we owe ya....  And thanks for doing this for us....  Very much appreciated.... :-)

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

Seanc

ok its $.10 for a risistor, and $.11 for an LED. so for 20 LED's its $4.20, ect. I think all of you should be able to figure out how much you need to pay me.

darkdep

Sweet, Thanks for this Seanc!  I'll be at the meeting, I was in for 40 LED's / resistors, I'll grab them from you then.

bitterman

Sean, When can I pick up the LED's from you? Let me know time and place. You said in the Pm that about 20 were left that I could have for my 172 Gallon tank?

Thanks,
   Bruce