New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

May 28th Event

Started by Jody, May 15, 2018, 11:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

Hiya Folks,

We have a busy line up for our May event, including elections, BAP awards, as well as a fantastic speaker.
Klaus Steinhaus will be coming down and doing two presentations, Building a fish room and CARES.
A little bio on Klaus
Klaus was born in Germany in 1948 and got his first aquarium in 1956 in which he kept Guppies and Platties. He first began with Cichlids in 1967 and has specialized in African Cichlids since 1974. He was a member of the German Cichlid Association from 1976 to 1982, when he moved to Canada. He currently is a member of the Durham Region Aquarium Society and the American Cichlid Association. Klaus is also an official speaker for C.A.R.E.S. His local club DRAS is also the first club in Canada to receive official CARES certification. He lives in Ajax, Ontario. Subjects For Klaus's talks are Tropheus - Are they really that scary? and Building a Fish Room. He will also visit your club to talk about the CARES organization.
We will also have several CARES fish available for auction at the end of the meeting, Amatitlania myrnae and Amatitlania nanolutea
For more information is on the CARES program, check out
https://caresforfish.org/

It will be a great night, I hope to see you out there.
Jody

Nene

Hey Jody,
nice program and nice talks! What time does the meeting start? Do I need to register somewhere or should I just show up?

Thanks
Enea
Kushanganza!!!!

Enea Parimbelli

tanksalot360

Meeting starts at 7pm. Please see the cover story on the main page, www.ovas.ca for additional info.

Nene

Great, I will be there.
Kushanganza!!!!

Enea Parimbelli