New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

darn snails

Started by Darth, May 02, 2011, 01:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth

so my wife gets home from work and wakes me up says honey I think there is someting wrong with your fish tank. I was like whats wrong, she says your skimmer cup is full of brown water, I tell her it's okay not to worry, she persists something is wrong. I ignore her and go back to sleep she comes back in and says I really think you should look at it, so I come down stairs and the cup is full, so I figure the weight pushed the cup down and the return chamber was a bit higher.so I empty it. Of course now being wide awake I check ovas play on facebook, then all of a sudden I hear the gush of water the skimmer is spitting out water like crazy, I immediately unplug everything I can see and the skimmer shuts off, I pull of the return pipe and sure enough what do I see one very large Mexican turbo snail clogging the hole. Lesson learned if your wife wakes you up to come look at a fish tank she could care nothing about....wake up and look at it

robt18

One of those times when the wife is right....

Good luck never hearing the end of this  :D

Glad nothing was or went seriously wrong!

Darth

Quote from: robt18 on May 02, 2011, 01:31:22 AM
One of those times when the wife is right....

Good luck never hearing the end of this  :D

Glad nothing was or went seriously wrong!
tell me about it, it was kind of scary when it happened, not a good thing to have happen at midnight =(

JetJumper

Hopefully it wasn't a hang on back skimmer!!
.: JetJumper's Zone :.