New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

7.5 Gallon Cube

Started by Kalemh, January 29, 2019, 12:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalemh

I have had my 7.5 gallon cube for a long time now and have never got around to posting it. Ive been wanting to rescape it for a while and last weekend I finally got the chance. It is lowtech for now but in the future I may start using CO2 depending if I can find a cheaper regulator but if not most of the plants should do fine. Now for the specs!

Equipment:
Chihiros A311
Eheim skim 350
Eheim Classic 250 canister filter

Hardscape:
A mix of fluval stratum and tropica aquasoil
tropica aquasoil powder type
Malaysian Driftwood

Plants:
Dwarf Hair Grass
Marsilea Hirsuta
Cyrptocoryne Parva
Microsword
Cryptocoryne wendtii Tropica
Cryptocoryne wendtii Green
Cryptocoryne Hudoroi
Needle leaf java fern
Trident Java fern
Christmas moss
Fissendens Geppi
Anubius nana petite
Bucephalandra sp. Mini Blue
Bucephalndra sp. Aurora
ozelot sword
Limnophilia sessiflora

Livestock:
8 ember tetras
crystal red shrimp (maybe 4 or 5)
Cherry shrimp (maybe 3)
1 Otocinclus

And Finally some pictures : https://imgur.com/a/z8GHTKb

daworldisblack

Big fan of nano tanks! Looks like another stunner!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

Kalemh

tanksalot360

That plant list is insane! Can't wait to see this fill in, looks great already tho!

Jody

Kalemh

its been about a month since I started up the tank. its looking like this before I do my maintenance tomorrow:

https://imgur.com/a/5KddoQM

the limnophilia sessiflora is coming up to the top of the surface and is becoming my favourite plant in the tank. I'm going to hack it back tomorrow and replant the stems because I wasn't to make it a lot denser than it currently is.
In this scape my goal was to have many epiphytes  so im currently trying a little experiment. I have thrown some marsilea hirsuta up in a crack of the wood it kinda looks like it has a rhizome. im trying to get it to attach to the wood and see if I can get it to creep downwards. I have also gotten multiple more pieces of  bucephalandra I have added to the driftwood.  the microsword and dwarf hair grass have both started sending out runners and are starting to make a carper as well.

The only plant that hasnt shown much growth is my ocelot sword which I got very small with no roots so im expecting it to take its time. Thanks for reading everyone (:

Dxpert

I love the look of the cube tank, well done!

Gilbotron

Looks fantastic!

The Marsilea Hirsuta experiment is really cool. Please keep us posted if it takes. Don't think it will creep down though... Plants usually grow towards the light, so unless you trick it with a submerisble LED, it will probably just go up (if it grows).

Kalemh

yes thats probably true maybe spread out we will see as time goes no I guess.

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!