New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

A Nice Spearer Mantis Shrimp .... Lysiosquillina lisa

Started by albertthiel, December 23, 2013, 07:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyx

He's beautiful! We tore down our 150G high-tech reef tank almost two years ago, after over 11 years in the saltwate aspect of the hobby. But I still get the urge to set something up for a mantis shrimp. I really like these guys. :)
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

albertthiel

Quote from: Nyx on December 23, 2013, 03:19:45 PM
He's beautiful! We tore down our 150G high-tech reef tank almost two years ago, after over 11 years in the saltwate aspect of the hobby. But I still get the urge to set something up for a mantis shrimp. I really like these guys. :)

Oh yes I can definitely understand that ... they are extraordinary organisms and so interesting to watch ...  If you do I would recommend a 20 G minimum.

Albert
Happy Holidays

Nyx

Quote from: albertthiel on December 23, 2013, 04:43:12 PM
Oh yes I can definitely understand that ... they are extraordinary organisms and so interesting to watch ...  If you do I would recommend a 20 G minimum.

Albert
Happy Holidays

Thanks for the terrific advice, Albert. I really appreciate it! Happy holidays to you as well! :)
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

albertthiel

Quote from: Nyx on December 23, 2013, 09:21:40 PM
Thanks for the terrific advice, Albert. I really appreciate it! Happy holidays to you as well! :)

Here is a link to Ray Caldwell's web site that shows many many pics and info on Mantis Shrimp both Smashers and Spearers. Just click on the individual names for more details and images.

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/arthropoda/crustacea/malacostraca/eumalacostraca/royslist/

Enjoy and Happy Holidays

Albert