New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

frontosa question.

Started by hummer, August 22, 2005, 06:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR

Thanks Pegasus:

Just checked  the link you sent  very interesting for sure. and the the bars on the fish info interesting, thanks for info pegasus.

Thanks also Hummer.

TR.

hummer

Want to try to play, name that frontosa ?

pegasus

QuoteWant to try to play, name that frontosa ?
No way!
It's a frontosa from...... Tanganyika now in hummer's tank?
Check the brown forehead.... there's a family of those in Burundi.

Too bad people think they should live in colony, in a tank by themselves. Mine are doing fine among a douzen other species.

Enjoy yours.

blueturq

QuoteToo bad people think they should live in colony, in a tank by themselves. Mine are doing fine among a douzen other species.

Yeah, I generally hear that alot - Frontosas should be kept in colonies.

Pegasus: Are they fine on their own, or would they benefit ALOT better with others of their own species?

pegasus

I don't know about leaving one alone like an oscar. My Burundi is alone with tropheus and aulonocara. My other Mpimbwe schools together among mbuna,peacock and tang. They tend to keep for themselves away from the others and have to fight for their food.

From that observation, I'd say that they would prefer a calmer tank, less fish (needind their own space). A tank of just frontosa is probably the best, nevertheless, a frontosa alone with peacefull tankmates  can also work well.