New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Recovering from a Power Failure.

Started by Box Jockey, November 08, 2018, 11:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Box Jockey

Hey salt fans,

I have experienced my first mass die off due to a power failure. Unbeknownst to me Hydro One was conducting pole maintenance Monday afternoon, I didn't notice anything wrong after the power returned that evening. Tuesday I discovered bodies of my Flame Angel and 2 ocellaris clownfish, my Royal Grama is missing and presumed eaten by the CuC  :'(.
I'm desperately trying to keep my Yellow Tang alive now, at least all my corals came through unscathed (I hope).
I have no idea how or when I will be restocking but before that happens my wife wants me to look into a Un-interrupted Power Supply to prevent this from happening again.
"You can't run from me! Oh, you *can* run from me! You keep surprising me." -- Tamatoa

Jody

Ack! Sorry to hear that.
Were the fish fine when the power came on and then died afterwards?
May have just been junk from the filtration dying or causing an oxygen crash..

Jody

Eackone

I feel your pain. I've gone through my first die off over the summer when I was on vacation (obviously...)
Lost a wrasse but mostly corals, which sucks nonetheless...

I'm also considering a UPS but need to look into specific models.

Box Jockey

Well lost my Yellow Tang last night :(. I'm really unsure and frustrated at what's happening. All I can see is we had another power failure while I was away at work (Clocks flashing when I got home), this really SUCKS because the UPS I ordered from Amazon is supposed to be delivered today >:(.

If any experienced Salties in the Arnprior area have a few minutes to lend a floundering member diagnose the problem or give real-time advice I would really appreciate it. I would love to correct all the things I'm doing wrong before this happens again.
"You can't run from me! Oh, you *can* run from me! You keep surprising me." -- Tamatoa