New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

On-line names???

Started by busdriver, November 07, 2006, 12:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoisonJello

you know i thought someone might ask that...ToxicCrisco Network was basicly a group of about 1000 elite hackers, crackers, blah blah  etc... they had everything you would every need for computers or could get it (oh and of coarse it was all legal, this being a family site and all)  ;) and for some reason the site got closed down  ;D

babblefish1960

Who determined they were elite, and I had no idea that hackers and other nefarious nogoodniks would ever belong to an organized group that was legitimate, I am truly mystified and flummoxed. ???

Confession is good for the soul though poisonjello, good luck with your recently reformed behaviour with computers. ;)

babblefish1960

I should like to point out, as is my wont, that there are still quite a few names out there that have not divulged their origins, I know you're all itching to share your interesting stories, so stop burning and start typing. I met a cilissa today that has me extremely curious as to what it could mean. There are many others too, such as jetstream and ophelia, well, I look forward to the fascinating stories. :)

Bizz

My dad always wanted to name me bizz but my mom would not have it. He still calls me it and rarely uses my real name and I actually respond more often to bizz then my real name, Kyle.

PoisonJello

Quote from: babblefish1960 on January 16, 2007, 04:15:52 AM
Who determined they were elite, and I had no idea that hackers and other nefarious nogoodniks would ever belong to an organized group that was legitimate, I am truly mystified and flummoxed. ???

Confession is good for the soul though poisonjello, good luck with your recently reformed behaviour with computers. ;)

;D well i guess they called themselves elite, I never considered myself elite and not really a hacker (not saying I don't know how but not worth the bother or troubles it can cause) I was I guess what some might call a seeker, I would find the stuff that others couldn't find  ;), still do for friends but nothing illegal that would be bad  ;D

babblefish1960

I'll bite, why on earth would your dad want to call you Bizz, it is a peculiar name to give a child, not as bad as someone I knew who named their kid "hammer", but hey, bizz is right up there. :)

Isn't a seeker someone who chases that little gold ball that flies around in Harry potter?
Or is it someone from world of warcraft who nicks things when no one is looking?

PoisonJello

;D yes and yes but not that kind of seeker  ;D

babblefish1960

That is so cool that I got the two things right at all, even though they weren't the correct answer, which brings me back to the original question, what is a seeker when it isn't these two other things?

I have to admit to a certain eyebrow lifting whenever I come across an odd moniker. I suppose I wonder if the name has any significant meaning for the user, and what that reasoning could be? Some seem fairly obvious, yet there are a few that are simply baffling. If you think you have a curious name and have a story to share as to why you chose it, it would be lovely to hear from you.

PoisonJello

toxic crisco network classified me as a seeker on there site, meaning that i could find any program, game, any type of software that nobody else could get a hold of, also get info on other hacker groups but finding any program has become very easy to do now  ;)

babblefish1960

Ah yes, I see, you are technically a nogoodnik like Boris and Natasha then. Well, that is a hobby alright, Marshall on Alias has the same sort of skills, perhaps you've met him. :)

busdriver

I can't believe that out of 900 or so members only 116 want to tell us about their on-line names :o
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

ottawadiscus

Terry,

Here is the 117th member's on line name. Mine is so simple one. I live in Ottawa and I really like Discus fish, so I chosen my online name as OttawaDiscus.

Loyed  :)
"A man with hobbies never has time to waste" B.P

nickie

:D :D  My dog I love so much "nickie ".... :o

babblefish1960

I guess not all of the 900 registered users have as much time to visit the site, or they are afraid of giving away too much information. :-X

If you moved to Merrickville and kept angelfish instead, would you have become Mr. Merrickville Angel? :)

I suppose we can all be grateful that the dog you love so much wasn't called frou frou or something cute like that, it would just be so weird. ;D

Everytime I see that '88' guy on here, I think that it is either homage to the greatest and most versatile weapon of the German forces in WWII, the 88mm gun, either that or he likes pianos, 88 keys, sorry I couldn't help myself. I'm still dreadfully curious about names like ophelia, very mysterious. ;)

ottawadiscus

Quote from: babblefish1960 on January 24, 2007, 12:32:49 PM

If you moved to Merrickville and kept angelfish instead, would you have become Mr. Merrickville Angel? :)

So, do you want me to change my online name to Kanata Discus?  :-\
"A man with hobbies never has time to waste" B.P

babblefish1960

Quote from: ottawadiscus on January 24, 2007, 01:03:17 PM
So, do you want me to change my online name to Kanata Discus?  :-\
No, no, you big silly, I was just heading over to the possibility that if you moved to Pittsburgh, and kept marine life, you might end up with penguin, then the hockey team would have to change their name. Ottawadiscus is fine, just playing with you.

busdriver

for the last time, bumptity, bumptity, bump, bump, bump.
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

Crumpet

Contrary to popular belief, neither a baked good nor a Shakespearean insult, I chose Crumpet in remembrance of my beloved chocolate oranda, since departed.  He was one of the first fish I kept when I joined the hobby.  :)

scorpion-stinger

well I guess it's my tuen  :) ;D Well for Scorpion Stinger. I'm a scorpio and scorpion do sting, well I put those 2 together and here came Scorpion Stinger. I use to have as a nic Sharp Dressed Man (ZZ Top song) which I loved alot ;)

Cheers
PEACE TO ALL

insl8r

I chose insl8r because that is what I do for a living. I am an insulation contractor. Would also make a good licence plate.
Jason