New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

On-line names???

Started by busdriver, November 07, 2006, 12:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

Well Crumpet, it is a curious name for sure, I always think of bread and Shakespearean insults though, I'm crushed you would be named after an Asian food fish. Mind you, sentimental drivel counts too. I'll stick to Strumpet as the occasion warrants. ;)

So scorpion stinger, you represent just the stinger of the scorpion or the entire scorpion? You definitely never want to find one of those things in your boots in the morning. :)

Insl8r, that is funny, do you do houses or industrial. Perhaps you could think up some ways to make emergency insulation kits for tanks when the power goes out in the winter. ;)

beertech

Mine's pretty simple.
I install and service draft beer equipment in pubs for a living.
Surprisingly enough, I don't drink much beer at all.I think that's because I absorb it through my skin all day!

Muad'Dib

Mine comes from my favorite Science fiction Novel - Dune.
For those who do not know the book...
The main Character is "adopted" by the Fremen and given the name Maud'dib. He later goes on to.... ah go rent the mini-series on DVD...  :)
I started using the name while playing Laser tag... I liked it so I started using it elsewhere...
Dean

50 Gal Main aquarium w/ 40gal sump for filtration - Currently housing 19 cichlids.
4 - Labidochromis caeruleus - Electric Yellow Labs
5  - Cynotilapia Afra White Top "Hara Reef"
4 - Aulonocara sp. "OB " - Orange Blotch Peacock Cichlid
3 - Protomelas taeniolatus (Likoma Is.) Tangerine Tiger Cichlid
3 - Otopharynx Lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) - Aristo Yellow Blaze Cichlid
12 Gal grow tank - 40 + OB Peacock, Electric Yellow Labs, Hara Reef Afras Fry + maybe a Yellow Blaze Litho Fry or 2

pwrca

Same sign-on I use for most discussion boards.  My intitials pwr with the ca, for Canadian.   

scorpion-stinger

heheh, no... that woulnt be a great way to start off a day to get stung by a scorpoin thats for shure. I guess i represent the entire scorpion ;) ;D

busdriver

Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

babblefish1960

So you did you big fibber, perhaps some of the folk who missed this one will take the hint and spill their stories onto the pages here. :)

busdriver

Quote from: babblefish1960 on February 12, 2007, 02:59:11 AM
So you did you big fibber, perhaps some of the folk who missed this one will take the hint and spill their stories onto the pages here. :)
You think they might? ::)

babblefish1960

You never know, may wonders never cease to cause us all to cease and wonder at the marvels of the mind so long as you don't mind the marvels.

I for one am still looking forward to ophelia spilling what has got to be a fascinating story.

Additionally, there are two users who have had some changes in their names that I'm sure would love to update the crowd with the interesting transformations, eh SM nee UCG and PD nee AM?

busdriver

Maybe you should pm those people and let them know about this topic?

Eric

Quote from: babblefish1960 on February 14, 2007, 01:02:01 AM
Additionally, there are two users who have had some changes in their names ...

Wait... you can change your online name?!?  I had no idea... what a world of possibilities.  Can I change my online height too?

My story is no story, sadly.  Wish I had something to offer.  Truth is I found the site and was in a rush to buy from the classifieds.  It's really a testament to my remarkable powers of indecision.  Just like the endless plans for my empty tank!

Eric for now

babblefish1960

Well nifty Eric for always, I think, as for your height issues, are you too short or too tall, there are tools such as racks for lengthening and hammers for shortening should you want a change.

As for these amazing powers of indecision, have you been able to market these skills to the masses who are trapped in their habits of swift and decisive decisions. (you know, the hard working government types who work tirelessly for us all) ;) I'm sure they could hem and haw profusely if they were taught how to do this. ;D

What sort of plans have you made for your empty tank of indeterminate size Eric for always? And did your mother choose your name or did you come up with Eric in honour of Monty Python?

Eric

Ahhh, that is excellent work babblefish... I am cheered by your message.  Finally, a market for indecision!  Perhaps I need rebranding though -- I am really more about reflective inaction, or maybe circular analysis.   Hmmm.

On the tank, I was mired for several months between a planted SA home for angels and my first malawi tank to discover what all the fuss is about.  I hesitate to say anything about the final decision -- its just too painful (and yet tempting) to reconsider the whole business.   

As to my height, I am afraid you have not fully appreciated the question.  I am neither too short nor too tall.  I am just not sure I am the correct height.  If I could try a few others I might know better...

And yes, Eric is just my name.  I wish either of my parents appreciated Monty Python, but the truth is they just couldn't agree on how to spell Jeffrey.

Now, is it true we can change our online names?  Or is that just a rumour?  And what would it mean for this topic? 

babblefish1960

Thank you, I'm just here to make everyone cheery. ;)
"Reflective inaction or circular analysis", I like the sounds of these, I can see bureaucracies the world over adopting these as hallmarks of service principles. ;D
Angels versus Malawi, sounds as though you should consider the advantages of multiple tank syndrome, just like cookies, it is never either, or, it is always both. :)
The "correct" height, interesting, I think I'm under-tall, tried the rack, they said to meet my mass I would need to be stretched another 20", I don't know if I could stretch that far. :o
Couldn't agree on Geoffrey, how odd, at least it didn't end up "Eric the half a bee". :D

No it is not true you can change your on-line names, exceptional circumstances have been made for a very small number of people who were being hunted by the Bolsheviks and the CIA, neither of whom respect the OVAS rule of non interference from foreign spy agencies. :)
And the OVAS counter-intelligence unit and mafia hasn't the manpower to fight a war, much like the Jedi. :P

fishycanuck

Babble - you should go home and rethink your life.

babblefish1960

Quote from: fishycanuck on February 15, 2007, 08:57:39 AM
I should go life and rehome my think...babble, babble, babble. :o

busdriver

Quote from: fishycanuck on February 15, 2007, 08:57:39 AM
Isn't this thread-jacking? There is a forum for that! ;D ;D ;D

fishycanuck

Hey - it's NEVER off-topic to tell Babble to rethink his life. Just ask Bee.

babblefish1960

Too true fishy, besides, when Bee speaks, if I don't listen, there is usually a bee sting. :o

babblefish1960