New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

On-line names???

Started by busdriver, November 07, 2006, 12:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostKnife

MY pride and joy..."GhostKnife " bought him 3 years ago.Awsome fish hand fed from day 1 :)

babblefish1960

Well that makes sense, great nocturnal fish, is that a picture of you on your avatar? ;)

manytanks

Back when we actually had MTS (multiple tank syndrome) my wife suggested my name Manytanks as a play on words for "many thanks" in appreciation for the assistance to us from everyone on OVAS as absolute beginners. So of course she became Tanksalot for "thanks a lot", although she's out of fish and into poodles now.

GhostKnife

Quote from: babblefish1960 on February 15, 2007, 10:07:20 PM
Well that makes sense, great nocturnal fish, is that a picture of you on your avatar? ;)

::)..Yes it is. Much bigger now. :)

babblefish1960

That is funny manytanks, are you aware that the transition to poodles makes perfect sense, tanksalot seems to have moved over to the French hunting cichlids it would seem.  ;)

So Ghostknife, has the picture of you grown or have you grown, I don't understand. ;)

GhostKnife

:)..My baby has grown..Lol.

[attachment deleted by admin]

babblefish1960

I see, your avatar is a picture of your baby and not you, so I haven't been conversing with a fish, cool, I thought I was on to something there. Cute baby by the way.

beowulf

busdriver

Excuse meee ;D What do the last few coments have to do with on-line names :o ;D :D ;) Like I said before, somewhere, ;D ;D :D ;) There's a place for thread-jacking ;) ;) ;) ??? 8)
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

babblefish1960

It was perfectly relevant as we were establishing if the moniker was displaying a picture of himself or his namesake. I'm still not entirely clear, but if a fish is actually posting in the thread, that is actually pretty cool, kind of like Charles Schultz' "Snoopy" the very refined and adventurous beagle.

Perhaps though, Eric as always never the Eric the half a bee could elaborate on why he wasn't called Bruce. A very good Australian name.

busdriver

beowulf

Crumpet

Quote from: babblefish1960 on February 16, 2007, 02:36:17 PM
Perhaps though, Eric as always never the Eric the half a bee could elaborate on why he wasn't called Bruce. A very good Australian name.

Australia, Australia, Australia, we love you, Amen!

(sorry terry, I couldn't resist!)

busdriver

Eric

Dreadfully sorry, must admit I can't place the Australia business -- 'cept for Bruce in Finding Nemo -- unlikely.  Little help?

Incidentally, my uncle was named Bruce and he was a bit of a layabout. 

Eric

babblefish1960

Your uncle Bruce must definitely be an Australian then. As for the Oz references, you will find a smattering throughout the site that all stem from the greatest education one could ever receive, and the erstwhile educators are all from the Monty Python gang. Skits galore of all of life's important little lessons, and the Bruce skit is a fine one. I would put that under the class title philosophy as a course. It also has the skit within the skit where the philosopher song comes from, you will find the words of the entire song at least twice in the lounge, happy hunting. All men in Oz are Bruce, and all women are Sheila. Expect to do quite a bit of study in these trails of oddity in order to see the relevance of Monty Python and fish keeping people, frankly, I can't imagine life without them. ;)

zima

Means "winter" in Russian and a couple of other Slavic languages. When came to Canada, told my friends I like the Canadian winter, and felt sorry ever since! But the name stuck along...

beowulf

Quote from: zima on February 19, 2007, 05:30:40 PM
Means "winter" in Russian and a couple of other Slavic languages. When came to Canada, told my friends I like the Canadian winter, and felt sorry ever since! But the name stuck along...

Ummm me thinks me like I am adding to potential names for my future Alaskan Malamutes.

zima

That could work! Are they Russian, or Slavic perhaps? I know Alaska once belonged to the Russians, but c'mon, times change!! Like this is so like retro, man.

babblefish1960

Well hello zima, I'm so glad you shared that, now I have a question for you. I personally find these winters here very mild, and as you claimed to your friends that you love Canadian winters, I'm curious to know what it is that you have felt sorry for ever since? ;) Surely it couldn't be the cold? :D