New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

On-line names???

Started by busdriver, November 07, 2006, 12:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

How fascinating, is Microys a real name, or did you put some words together. :)

Just teasing, welcome to the site of course, and lovely name as well.

bettabreeder

I got my name by my name because I breed bettas

KatarinaH

I've gone by Kate all my life (middle name). When I was in Elementary School I used to have this death stare that my teachers used to hate. One of my teachers started calling me Katarina as a result... H is the first letter of my last name.

Vizerdrix

This is a great way to find out about everyone in this forum, I like it!  :D

As some others have said about their names, mine came into existence after getting royally frustrated in creating a user name, when I made my Neopets account!  All my usual personae were taken, and I detest having numbers in my monikers... As I was an avid Magic: The Gathering player at the time, I punched in Vizerdrix, and it was accepted.  I also misspelled it by mistake (it should be spelled Vizzerdrix).

For those who don't know, a Vizzerdrix is a creature from the aforementioned game.  The description on the card is as follows: "A bored wizard once created a vizzerdrix out of a bunny and a piranha. He never made that mistake again!"  I've been using that alias for several years, and it's now my e-mail addy!

Most people either call me Viz or Viz Chris (must have something to do with my real name being Chris).  Nice to meet all of you! :D

Taltos

I am very new to the group, and new to aquarium owning as well - this is a great post, so here goes!
I love Anne Rice novels....one of her characters is a cross between a monster and a witch, which she called TALTOS- hence the name of my 13 year old horse(very large and very grumpy)....decided to keep taltos because it is easy to remember!!!
lovin it

Dr. Ashtray

I collect ashtrays!  I just love the fact that something so small can hold so much stylistic quality of the era it was created in.  I guess you could say I am an illustration and design freak!

Jeffrey...

latios

Don't get to intrested in them them can sting you YooWWWWWWWWWWWW! But I Know your un expert on them but i'm warning you. Watch out. Lol :D

Supressor

This is Just one of my gamer tags, my oldest is IHCInuYasha, and Supressor is the one I use now. Theres some others I use, this one the most frequent.

littlelil

My name is Lillian and i'm little  :) It's usually taken so somtimes i'll add another "L" at the end, and sometimes i'll even add a "P" at the end of that, too, for my last name, if littlelil, little_lil, littlelill, or little_lill are all taken.

estuary

use to have 2 brackish tanks col. sharks, puffers, dragon goby
scats just have fw now but the name stuck

sdivell

Sdivell.... scott divell.... sdivell.... ya i'm creative... can we change our names? Chris looking in your direction :) lol.. if we can.. can i be 'Scott' please?  :D

twisty

I've been using mine for ages!
'cause i'm that old.
It was born on a Mountain Biking Forum.
I love Tight, Twisty trails... so Twisty it was!

Sharbuckle

sharbuckle = Shawn Arbuckle

thats me name

Wal_Mart_Fish_Guy

uh, I think its rather apparent... but feel free to come visit me at the southkeys wal-mart!

-Matt ;D

groupie02

I can't believe that I've never noticed this thread until today. I guess now that it has 253 replies I can go ahead and tell my story too.

I took my userid in the same bin where garnpet got his. It comes from a combination of my last name and first name.  I've been using groupie since the early 90's.

The problem with my userid is that, unlike garnpet, groupie is a real word. One day, while registering for yet another email account, groupie was already taken. For some reason, groupie69 was also taken (that's my year of birth folks - it has nothing to do with the site I was on). Well, I clicked on the "suggest a userid" button and groupie02 was free.

Since that day, I've been using groupie at work and groupie02 in forums.

Pierre

Krispy

Krispy aka. Kris  ...hmmm...ummm...ya...well ya see, it's like this...gotta keep em wonderin, just a little  :-X

DiSkO

DiSkO actually came from a past online alias that I used to use, which was DiSk0<--Zero (disk zero).  Which then evolved to disko, because everyone called me that anyways.  I guess it helps that I also love disco music!  I know i'm only 28 but I still love it!  haha  8) 

I even have a small disco ball hanging from my rearview mirror :)

-Dale

dan2x38

Explained mine before but no reconsidering it on fish forums. With 11 tanks my feet are always wet. I was thinking of having my ID changed to, 'WetSocks;D
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Pistol_pete

Pistol Pete came from a boss I had. He gave me that name because I always have a smart ass joke in my barrel ready to fire at anytime. My name is Pete so Pistol Pete it was and it's stuck for some reason.

Mari

I make them up as I go along...have to.  I keep forgetting who I am...  :D