New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

On-line names???

Started by busdriver, November 07, 2006, 12:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdsunflower

I work with ladies with ovarian cancer, and their symbol is the sunflower, so it's in honour of them. JD I'll save for later!
JD

AltamaraKai

My names just something I came up with lols :P

washefuzzy

Quote from: AltamaraKai on July 22, 2008, 10:36:19 PM
My names just something I came up with lols :P

Very original and cool! :)

boppy2

Well, I suppose I should jump into the "Name History Game"....some funny reads...Thanks.

My daughter, nieces and nephews all called my late dad "Boppy". When my daughter was pregnant with the first of my two beautiful, gorgeous, intelligent, witty, charming and affable granddaughters (they are 4 and 2 1/2), my daughter pressed me as to what I wanted Gabrielle (granddaughter #1) to call me. Well I finally said, " How about "Boppy" in memory of my dad?".....sigh....twas a tender moment...everyone shed a tear....and hence I am Boppy2 on most of the sites that require a nic. I must be getting sentimental with age....even my licence plate has the same name!!! Oh by the way, granddaughter # 2 is Trista.

kamasama

Its from my obbsession with japanease comic books.
Kama translates to sythe,
Sama is what you add to end of the name of someone with higher rank then you...
Such as Boppy Sama

Groovylad

Years ago I was trying to come up with a catchy online name, my younger brother was using Funkylad and suggested that I use Groovylad as it sounded very 60's when I was born...

Man, just dated myself... :'(

presto

A group of friends call me Presto or just my last name, Prest.
There are a lot of Chris's so we went to last names to avoid confusion.

Tsukiyomi-sakura

My name also comes from Japanese animation, 'dark moon sakura' I tend to cosplay from naruto alot and my pink hair earned me the rep for sakura >.>;, I picked the Tsukiyomi part to add on Randomly.

SATELLITE

i got 2 names. SATELLITE cause i'm was on site around the world.
and AQUARIUS on other boards cause thats my b-day sign. and it meaning water thought it was a good one to use :)

walkytalky

Mine was quite simple.
I walk alot and talk alot (big time).
Friends wonder if i ever stop talking. Cause I am like the everlasting energized bunny.. just keep on going and going and .....going :D
Hence the name Walkytalky.
OH ya and I do ask alot of questions. Tons. I know some people see me and want to run.
And believe it or not I am quite a shy person, until I get to know people.
And I just got married. Ya July 19th. Love it.
OK I will shut up now. hehehe :)

Blackstitch

How I came up with my name a yr and a half ago, is that I work in the printing industry, and one of the machines that I'm on most of the time is called a stitcher. Hence the "stitch" at the end.

martin_jones

Mine is far too complicated to explain here ;)

Martin
With fronds like these, who needs anemones?

KarEn

interesting post.  :D

Well, my nick is my real name. The reason I write "E" (KarEn) in capital is  because I am a guy and KarEn is a typical name for guys back home (Armenia). Yep, not too many people know that in North America, but after being here for 10 years I decided not to change it (I wanted before).
So, here you go.  ::)
For example, Alex is also a unisex name, so KarEn is one of them too!  :P
Regards,
Kar En
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 120 Gal Miracles Aquarium (starphire glass) Tanganyikan Cichlids |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Cichlid Empire is built on intelligence, adaptability and a surprising degree of parental care for their young.

smalltownfan

I grew up in Ottawa East, on Hawthorne Ave., even married the girl next door. It was a great place. But the neighborhood was changing and when we had our kids the same streets that were safe for us were no place for kids. So 20 years ago we moved to Russell, (the boonies, that's what friends and family told us at the time) and raised our family.  There were some sacrifices and difficulties but looking at them today,  it was one of the best choices we made. We love the people, the quiet and the space.

Hank
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

opularastroid

about 10 years ago, I was setting up a membership on something........can't remember what. All of the names that I wanted were taken, so I asked the site for suggestions. I have been Opularastroid ever since......except on Yahoo because someone stole it  >:(.

LEROY

Well my last name is LeRoy, and since the the World of Warcraft has come out, well if you know you know! I have three first names so most people take their pick but LeRoy seems to be the favorite.

Pamelajo

My name is Pamela Jo-Anne.  When coming up with a nickname it was the first one that was available.

Hookup

Hookup - a fishing reference...  Hook into some fish.. got to hookup.. nothing too funny... joined a fishing forum before this one and used the same id here as there.  PS: i like to fish.

fischkopp

Quote from: Hookup on January 21, 2009, 02:57:15 PM
PS: i like to fish.

We all like (to) fish  ;D

I am around for a while, but never posted in here: Well, I am not a cop. It's actually a german name for dudes that grew up on the coast, translate it 1:1 and it means fish head. I found that kind of meaningful as I signed up on this forum ... :P
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Elariel

I have been using Elariel as a screen name so long I almost think its my own sometimes. It stems from an utter passion for all things Tolkien.

My real name Angela mean angel like, something I have detested my entire life. However, using Tolkien's high elvish language Quenya, the root Ang means iron and the root Ela means star. In highschool I loved astronomy so I took the root Ela and comined it with Riel which means maiden. Thus, Elariel, prounoused ELLA-ree-ell.