New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

On-line names???

Started by busdriver, November 07, 2006, 12:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramblnpony

Ramblnpony...... A song written by Peter Green, founder of "Fleetwood Mac" when they were a blues band.......another passion of mine not to mention the Ottawa bluesfest. 8)

buzz

Years ago, before I retired, a fellow I worked with always said that I reminded him of the comic strip character Buzz Sawyer so, I've been Buzz ever since.

Cerebral As5asn

Mine is from my fav wrestler Triple H, and it is also my xbox live nick.

Stussi613

Back in high school a guy in my film class started calling me Stussi, based on the skater clothing line Stussy and my name being Stuart.  Needed an online nick so I stuck a 613 on the end and I've been using it ever since.
I haz reef tanks.

slickshooter

I can't remember which site it was years ago but while trying to sign up it seemed every name was taken (Even my given name) . So I combined a word I always liked for some strange reason "Slick"  and my passion for shooting photography "Shooter" .

JD

invisibleshopper

I use to do "mystery shopping" or "secret shopping" where we would go to a store/restaurant and evaluate the services received.

Hence - invisibleshopper on-line or invisibleshopperagain on e-bay since invisibleshopper was taken.

KLT

Rybren

A combination of my kids' first names: RYand BRENdan=Rybren

120G Reef

Aine

Aine = my name (Annie) in Irish, my grand-parent's language and what my Mum would have called me if people knew how to pronounce it... It's said "Awnyeh"
Solana 34, but new custom build (41 gallons and 10 gallon sump) in progress!
Ocellaris, pygmy angel, red pistol shrimp, yellow watchman goby, cleaner shrimp, mini carpet anemone, rbta, sps?s, lps?s, softies

Peach-faced lovebird (Octave)
Goldendoodle (Basile)
Standard Poodle (Margot)

Lover of Iceland, nature, travel and music!

gerryo

Tried to register on RC with my fave name. Was told it was taken. 2nd fave was also taken and so on up to ten. Got fed up try'n so typed in gerro to save time.
Name is Gerry O'Callaghan.

S-and-T

just the initials of both our first names.. not real original lol

cichlidicted

someone chose it for me after repeatedly seeing me preparing to get my first cichlid tank.

was funny at the beg !!

ajm1961

Well, it's about time I introduced myself, having been on the forums for close to a year now and also a member since around March.

My 'nic' is not all that creative, it's simply a combination of my initials, Andre Joseph Martin, and my birth year - yep, a bit of an 'oldie' (hey I'm still a tad younger than BabbleFish1960!). It's been my username for my email and other accounts, so it was easier to reuse and remember!

I love a lot of the nics I've been seeing in this forum and the explanations are fun too!
BTW (Ramblnpony): I'm also a blues fan, Fleetwood Mac in Chicago and James Cotton's 100% Cotton are two of my all-time faves! And like roman and greek mythology (Nerine - very cool)

Hopefully I'll bump into some of you at the various functions. Been to the Annual Giant Auction (won a 20 gallon tank too!), and more recently at the garage sale.

Great community! Happy fishkeeping to all!  ;D
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

OttawaFolkFestivum

I live in Britannia, and the Ottawa Folk Festival was on, and I was keeping Festivums at the time...and Bingo! I know, I know. Really genius.

I'm no longer keeping Festivums, but still have the very long nickname.
Cheers, Steve

ciaus

My nick is a dyslexic/lazy error on my part, in wanting to use the character name Caius Merlyn Brittannicus from the extraodinary series of books by Jack Whyte, A Brood of Eagles.  I was too lazy to pick up the book to validate the spelling and so I inadvertently transposed the "i" and the "a".  Spelled, as I do, it raises eyebrows on occasion since it now looks like alphabet soup letters from the United states Government...... ;D

Cheebs

Mines just a name I used to use in video games and stuff as a teen, sort of stuck I guess!

Contains Moose

aqua666

aqua is water
and I like a techno group called 666
for some reason I added these together lol
so wired when I think about it now.
hahahahaha
;D

soleil1980

well, the name soleil started when I was a teenager, thinking that having long bleached spiked hair was a good idea lol  My friends started calling me soleil because I looked like a sun.  I also used that name when I was working with the daycamps in my early twenties.  1980 is my birth year.
60g guppies, female bettas, bushynose plecos, cories, apistos
2 x 5.5g male bettas
10g bredding tank for bettas,
2.5g male betta
20g, divided with babies (bettas, plecos and cories)

holachicka

my online name comes from me pretending to be spanish when playing online games and not really wanting to chat with certain types of people, you know what type of people I am talking about  :D  - real name: Jessie