New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

On-line names???

Started by busdriver, November 07, 2006, 12:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pushbuttonstart

mkowals2

Another unexciting one I'm afraid... My name is Michael Kowalski and at Uni they like to take your first initial and a portion of your last name for some reason, and make it your school email. I guess the 2 is because there was another M. Kowalski??

-Mike

FocusFin

Quote from: mkowals2 on January 13, 2010, 12:49:34 AM
Another unexciting one I'm afraid... My name is Michael Kowalski and at Uni they like to take your first initial and a portion of your last name for some reason, and make it your school email. I guess the 2 is because there was another M. Kowalski??-Mike

Kowalski...Vanishing Point...Kowalski...Vanishing Point...Kowalski...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2fot_primal-scream-kowalski

8)
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

holachicka

nightowl

in my younger college days (god i sound old and i,m only 30) I was a night owl so I used it as my online name.

pt109

When I first started working the midnight shift in the Kitchener Post Office in the 70s, everyone had to have a nickname.

My first 2 initials are PT, add a reference to president JF Kennedy's torpedo boat, et voila!

omarshabaz

My Nickname is an interesting story, when I was playing high school basketball all the guys thought my name(Dan) didnt fit with the rest of the team, which people were name khalid, tarik, jamal, mohamed, etc.. So they decided to give me a nick name Omarshabaz so that i fit in....And it has stuck ever since.

Severum

My online name comes from a mix of my first and last name - Steve Everum. :)
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

salvini55

so where does Vafa fit in there? some kind of word jumble

holachicka

Quote from: salvini55 on April 06, 2010, 10:31:02 PM
so where does Vafa fit in there? some kind of word jumble

Yes! Take the 4th letter (V) from the first name as a starting point, replace the 5th letter (e) with an "A", replace the 2nd letter (v) from the last name with a "F" and replace the 3rd letter (e) with an "A"  .... simple as that!!!!

Steve Everum totally equals Vafa.....

Vincenzo.

Quote from: Severum on April 06, 2010, 09:38:09 PM
My online name comes from a mix of my first and last name - Steve Everum. :)

Lmao @ steve everum. I thought severum was a type of fish..

JetJumper

Hmm.. Chris is my real name, which has nothing to do with the JetJumper.

Nickname came from about 12 years ago.  Used to play a lot of video games with people from School, and I had been playing some Earthworm Jim while waiting for the next round of Warcraft 2 to start.  All in all, I got a nickname JetJumper from it, so it has stuck since then.  Yes I am a geek.

Geekyness

I like to "mod" things / DIY.. If you could not tell from these pictures..
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Severum

Didn't I see you on an episode of Pimp My Computer Case?
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

holachicka

Quote from: Severum on April 07, 2010, 01:58:31 PM
Didn't I see you on an episode of Pimp My Computer Case?

LOL - you are just too cute!

Hookup

The upgrade to JetJumper v1.6.9 is boss.

JetJumper

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

salvini55

I also thought Severum was reffering to the cichlid green terror...

I cant believe I didnt see the Hidden letters. I replaced the V of the start point with a G and got Gafa, I Gaffed it...  ::) All this time I was worried if it was Vafa or Vefa or Fifi... and it was steve the whole time!!!!! geez

Adam

150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

ciaus

Quote from: Adam on April 07, 2010, 08:32:53 PM
Take a wild guess :D
You are really a girl named Eve! :P

Ciaus

new2salt

Just one of the new kids round here.

Discribes where I am in this hobby.

Could have gone with Cichlididiot - but haven't had a fresh water tank in over 20 years.
Back then - had a whole room full of tanks

The avitar says it all - yes I am a Firefighter

Ron