New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

On-line names???

Started by busdriver, November 07, 2006, 12:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catfishsteve

I love to go fishing for catfish
and I'm a hillbilly at heart

babblefish1960

Well now that is funny, here I thought you were a fan of Cat Stevens who was a pop singer in the 70's until he got religion, and the fish part was just because you wanted a fish moniker.

Just out of curiosity, your avatar has a fish in it, and I was wondering if this was one of your pets or dinner?

Hillbilly? You wouldn't happen to know Granny and Uncle Jed now would you? :)

bearmassu

Granny and Jed are with me ... they ain't doing so good .. they can't remember a damn thing I got them watching the price is right and chilling ... under control

Nerine

that looks like a catfish from the mekong basin!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

catfishsteve

The catfish in the picture wasnt caught by me....yet
it is a mekong cat
someday I'll post a pic of myself with something big enough

babblefish1960

So let me get this straight now, you adore catfish as a pet as well as lunch, and you are hillbilly enough in your own words, that you adopted the world renowned hillbilly Ozark mountain man moniker, the mighty "steve", okay, I'll buy that, I am unsure about the other millions who will snicker about this famous "steve" having been a hillbilly, but there you have it, you convinced me. ;)

busdriver

I just had to bring this up again, so many new members. ::)
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

audioslave_36

well I am a12volt technician, and I am responsible for more than a few of those loud sound systems you hear booming while driving, sometimes I work crazylong hours  therefore I am an audioslave, and the 36 was just a random number that I picked.

Dave

woof99

This is too funny- weird how people come up with names!

I love dogs -hence the woof-and 99 is for the year I got my hotmail address-  woof99!

Cheers!

sweetness85

well mine is pretty simple.  when i was 16 i wanted something kinda cute and a bit sexy so i came up with sweetness.  i was born in 85 so...there ya go sweetness85

babblefish1960

12 Volt technician, I guess as you progress through your training you will  be technically proficient right up to 660,000 volts, imagine that under the hood of your car.
So those awful cars where young idiots lose their hearing to subsonic bass are your doing? Cool, crazy hours too, I'm glad they pass me by, I couldn't handle anymore crazy around here. I suppose it is a good thing you aren't a fanatic of Christmas, or you might be Santa's-slave.

Too true woof99, there are a lot of humourous stories regarding the origins and meanings of the online names collected within. As for yours, have you a favourite canine? And should we be looking out for you in the dog parks? I'm relieved 99 isn't your d.o.b., that would make you only 8 years old. I thought it had to do with the lovable agent 99 from Get Smart, Barbara Feldon. My mistake.

Was  sweetness found to be one of those irresistible words for cute and a bit sexy, like Beelzebub?
Welcome to the jungle, all of you!

busdriver

Quote from: sweetness85 on April 02, 2007, 10:31:31 PM
well mine is pretty simple.  when i was 16 i wanted something kinda cute and a bit sexy so i came up with sweetness.  i was born in 85 so...there ya go sweetness85
Love your avatar! ;)

busdriver

Quote from: busdriver on March 30, 2007, 09:48:12 PM
I just had to bring this up again, so many new members. ::)
Like I said up there ::)

babblefish1960

You tell em bussy, lots of intriguing and silly names here that must come with an explanation or at least a hint. :)

busdriver

There must be some new members that want to tell us how they came up with their on-line names, there's just gotta be? ;D :D ;) :) :o

washefuzzy

I like rabbits and they are fuzzy. but to tell you the truth I have no idea why I picked this name it came to me out of the blue. Like a bolt of lightening. :D

PaleoFishGirl

LOL and all this time I've been pronouncing it like "washy-fuzzy".   :-[
I get it now  8)

babblefish1960

But fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, not a rabbit, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, not a rabbit, fuzzy wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy was he, not a rabbit. :)

beowulf

Quote from: babblefish1960 on June 06, 2007, 01:00:44 PM
But fuzzy wuzzy was a bear, not a rabbit, fuzzy wuzzy had no hair, not a rabbit, fuzzy wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy was he, not a rabbit. :)

Look at it this way, no copyright problems if hers is a rabbit.... ;)

washefuzzy

Babble I didn't claim to make any sense, now did I. :D