New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

PHOTO OF THE MONTH Contest for October, 2006

Started by darkdep, October 11, 2006, 07:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkdep

Our Monthly Photo contest is back!

Rules:

• Everyone is welcome to participate
  • You can make a single entry only.  Enter your best picture!
  • Photos must be your own, and must be aquarium related.
  • The photo must NOT have been previously entered in an OVAS photo contest.
  • Entries will be accepted until October 23rd.  4 days of voting will follow, and the winner will be announced at the October OVAS Meeting.
  • By entering a photo into the contest, you agree to grant OVAS specific usage rights to the photo (for possible inclusion in future photo galleries, newsletters, or promotional material).  You are NOT granting ownership rights, just usage rights.  You may watermark your photo with copyright information if you wish.
  • Photos preferably will be 1024x768 in size.
  • During voting, photos will be voted on by forum members.  One vote per person.
  • Photo Quality matters, but the interest of the photo should come first.
  • You CANNOT vote for yourself.  I will enforce this.

Good luck to all entrants this month!

adam_ottawa

Yay!  I'll be the first to post a pic.

This one is playing peek-a-boo...

[attachment deleted by admin]

darkdep

Is it wrong for me to be admiring the rock more than the fish?  :)

rickster

:)Hey dark i think you may want to change the date above we are in October  ???  He He you must have got distracted by the mesmerising holy rock. take care rickster

darkdep

What are you talking about Rick?  It says October...:)

garnpet

Quote from: DarkDep on October 11, 2006, 07:56:21 AM
  • Entries will be accepted until September 21st.  4 days of voting will follow, and the winner will be announced at the September OVAS Meeting.

:-)
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

fishycanuck

Was the winner of the September contest announced? I didn't see it.

darkdep

WHOOPS, fixed :)

PaleoFishGirl won the September contest.

PaleoFishGirl

Quote from: DarkDep on October 11, 2006, 07:56:21 AM

• Entries will be accepted until October 23rd.  4 days of voting will follow, and the winner will be announced at the September OVAS Meeting.

Not quite :D

babblefish1960

I hereby put forth the motion to carry the honour of announcing the September photo contest winner at the October meeting separately from the pending October photo contest winner so that the often reflective Paleofishgirl is remembered well and truly and properly for a photograph of her very own voted the best of the rest.

In this way, she can be properly honoured whilst not losing the recognition for whomever may win for October.

Seconders?

Good job PFG, well done.

gonzobluefuzz

I second   :)  WTG PFG nice shot

darkdep

Damn.  Bit by the cut and paste hornet.  Fixed again.

KarEn

Well, I was waiting for it. :) Here is the pic of my tank with all the new plants I got from Asia.

Regards,
Kar En
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 120 Gal Miracles Aquarium (starphire glass) Tanganyikan Cichlids |
The Cichlid Empire is built on intelligence, adaptability and a surprising degree of parental care for their young.

pegasus

Oh so very nice tank! Want one just like that. Have circled it for Christmas.  ;)

KarEn

That's it! Now I'm all shy and blushing. :) Yeah, I like it too. Hard work and ....lots of fighting with Frontosas.... (they eat my plants, ba*****s). :)

I cleaned up a newly torn apart plant last night, and this morning there was another one. I think one more plant and soon I'm going to enjoy Frontosa Sushi. :)
Regards,
Kar En
The Cichlid Empire is built on intelligence, adaptability and a surprising degree of parental care for their young.

PaleoFishGirl

No reflections this month  :o

Here's one of my wee little wild-caught Aspidoras sp.
So cute :D

bitterman

Whats eating the anabias?

KarEn

Regards,
Kar En

babblefish1960

Sounds like a time travel thing, pictures accepted until the 23rd, 4 days of voting, then the winner will be announced on the 23rd, that 4 days of voting should be quite a trick. ;D

Perhaps Chris, you would like to amend how the process occurs so that everything could be done by the actual meeting taking place on the 4th monday of the month. :D

Seanc

here is my photo. one of my discus, and one of my apistos, togethere. i really like the contrast.

SuperT

Here is my entry.....

Terry

cory

Woody

They have finally settled in and are not as spooked when I approach their tank, thus I was able to capture this photograph. Usually it's just a blurred streak.

Woody

garnpet

Betta in a car.

1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

kyonis

Muad'Dib

A couple of my Afra's

50 Gal Main aquarium w/ 40gal sump for filtration - Currently housing 19 cichlids.
4 - Labidochromis caeruleus - Electric Yellow Labs
5  - Cynotilapia Afra White Top "Hara Reef"
4 - Aulonocara sp. "OB " - Orange Blotch Peacock Cichlid
3 - Protomelas taeniolatus (Likoma Is.) Tangerine Tiger Cichlid
3 - Otopharynx Lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) - Aristo Yellow Blaze Cichlid
12 Gal grow tank - 40 + OB Peacock, Electric Yellow Labs, Hara Reef Afras Fry + maybe a Yellow Blaze Litho Fry or 2

mdugly

I noticed emerald crab out for a stroll in the open, with the lights on!
Thought it good time to grab some pics as it typically hides all day.
Guess the shrimp didn't like the crab encroaching on his turf, or
maybe just wanted to steal the focus ?
Shrimp charged twice (~5 secs apart), crab didn't re-act, but slowly made it's way
deeper into shrimp's turf.  Shrimp ran away...

darkdep

Muad'Dib, your male Afra is really looking good!

PaleoFishGirl

darkdep

Muad'Dib

Quote from: DarkDep on October 24, 2006, 01:36:42 PM
Muad'Dib, your male Afra is really looking good!

Thank you sir. They obviously came from good stock  ;)
50 Gal Main aquarium w/ 40gal sump for filtration - Currently housing 19 cichlids.
4 - Labidochromis caeruleus - Electric Yellow Labs
5  - Cynotilapia Afra White Top "Hara Reef"
4 - Aulonocara sp. "OB " - Orange Blotch Peacock Cichlid
3 - Protomelas taeniolatus (Likoma Is.) Tangerine Tiger Cichlid
3 - Otopharynx Lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) - Aristo Yellow Blaze Cichlid
12 Gal grow tank - 40 + OB Peacock, Electric Yellow Labs, Hara Reef Afras Fry + maybe a Yellow Blaze Litho Fry or 2

bitterman

alexv

Quote from: KarEn on October 17, 2006, 03:23:48 PMI cleaned up a newly torn apart plant last night, and this morning there was another one. I think one more plant and soon I'm going to enjoy Frontosa Sushi. :)

Sushi, you say... That reminds me...

220g FW Community planted: SAE (5), Puntius denisonii (4), clown loach (2), Yoyo loach (3), kuhli loach (3), otocinclus affinis (2), rummynose tetra (3), harlequin rasbora (17), rope fish (1), glass catfish (3), bamboo shrimp (2), upside-down catfish (2), Chinese algae eater (2), rubber-lipped pleco (2), cherry shrimp (many)

55g FW Community planted: Black ghost knifefish (2), Armored bichir (2), banjo catfish (2),  Rosy tetra (2)