New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

PHOTO OF THE MONTH for November 2005 - VOTE HERE

Started by Marc, November 21, 2005, 08:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

The photo entries are here: http://ovas.ca/bridge/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5477

Votes will be accepted until November 30, 2005 when a winner will be declared.  Bragging rights are on the line!

Please do not vote for your own entry.

Aiglos

First Vote !  

is there a rule about no voting for yourself marc ?  in the interest of fairness.

Marc

Quote from: "Aiglos"First Vote !  

is there a rule about no voting for yourself marc ?  in the interest of fairness.

Good idea.  I've added the rule.  There is no way to verify or enforce it so we'll just have to trust people.

Marc

Mettle

pegasus

Great initiative Marc, thank you.
and thank you all, well done.

Marc

Quote from: "pegasus"Great initiative Marc, thank you.
and thank you all, well done.

I'd like to take the credit but it was someone else (I don't remember who) who suggested the photo contest in a post.

NjOyRiD

its noty like I,m gonna win but the way i took the pic is awsome!
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

pegasus

Since I don't have a picture in this competition, I find it easier to comment.
I don't understand why the picture I voted for got only one vote.... mine. This one is as good as it comes. The fish is shown in his best posture, all fins deployed. This is obviously not a snapshot. The lighting is good.... I can see the eyes of this fish. :)  And the background... there to isolate and compliment the subject. Congratulations! You did get my vote.

Marc

NjOyRiD,

I have moved your picture so that it is with the others.

Marc

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

darkdep

pegasus:  I voted for you but the moderators removed it.

Marc

Quote from: "darkdep"pegasus:  I voted for you but the moderators removed it.

uh? :?   Pegasus never had an entry in the contest.  There were technicals difficulties with nJoyrid's entry but they have been corrected.  Nelson had an entry but it was removed at his request.

Marc

darkdep

Sorry Marc, I should have put a smiley on the end of that last post...I was responding to Pegasus joke with one of my own.  :)

Marc

Quote from: "darkdep"Sorry Marc, I should have put a smiley on the end of that last post...I was responding to Pegasus joke with one of my own.  :)

ohhhhh.  *woosh*    :)

FishPassion

All I can say is wow there are some awesome pictures in this contest.
I cant wait till next month for the next contest.

Best of luck to ALL

Keep up the great work Marc
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

BigDaddy

For the record, I did NOT vote for myself   :lol:

gvv

Quote from: "BigDaddy"For the record, I did NOT vote for myself   :lol:
So do I :lol:

FishPassion

Is there any truth to the rumour that the winner gets an all expenses paid trip to the destination of there choice??????
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

pegasus

For the next contest you should be alowed to vote for yourself if you realy think you have the best shot. There's no shame to that, instead of having people suspecting you of breaking the code of honor.  :idea:

mseguin

QuoteIs there any truth to the rumour that the winner gets an all expenses paid trip to the destination of there choice??????

Sure, if you can convince your significant other to pay for it.
Oh yuo meant OVAS paying? :-) Well now that you mention it, there is a paid trip to Montreal this weekend. So that's the prize. :-)

Jim

Me niether.  :D

It kinda looks suspitious when theres only one vote.

kennyman

Wow I sure am suprised by where this headed! The photos I thought were the best don't seem to appeal to most peoples taste  :shock:

damarech

Marc

November 2005 Winners:

1st Place:  Entry #11 - kennyman (Red claw crab) - 12 votes
2nd Place: Entry #17 - DARKPHREAK (Juvenile Unicorn Tang) - 8 votes
3rd Place: Entry #8 - gvv (Clown fish and anemone) and Entry #18 - Mila (Kribensis) - 7 votes each