New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Alien

Started by Iceman, June 09, 2011, 12:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iceman

Are we alien as humans to this planet? Why are we humans so much more advanced than our closest relatives?

Just a thought for discussion. Keep it simple. We keep fish in tanks, maybe we're in a tank ourselves....

Nerine

I just finished reading Chariot of the Gods...VERY interesting...

While I firmly believe we are not alone in the universe (how arrogant to believe so, with such vast amounts of space around us and so many planets not yet discovered)...We can follow the thought process of the author of the book and say that aliens came to earth, interbred with the natives and thus producing a more advanced race of 'humans'...There are so many cave drawings, even stories in the Bible..."he was drawn up in a chariot of fire" etc...what if these chariots were not horse drawn, but space ships?

I do know however, we were a much more advanced civilization...what happened??? Why did we regress so much? Was something done by the powers that be to keep us behind? Were humans advancing too fast? Was it just some radical group that decided they did not like change so they stopped it?

There were glasses found way before that technology should have existed. How were the pyramids built? Stones weren't in place that way! And yes, they did take a long time to build, but somehow I don't think we really know the whole story. Look at all the intricate jewelry, indoor plumbing, heated floors (now why if everyone had those then why doesn't everyone have heated floors now?!)...and all these things back in the day when this technology 'shouldn't' have existed.

So to answer your question with a question...if we are alien, where is home?

I'm not one with all the crazy conspiracy theories but I do believe that some things have been covered up a little too often for my comfort :P
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Brent Shaver

Earth is just a giant ant farm for an alien kid  :D

Darth

Quote from: Brent Shaver on June 09, 2011, 06:58:54 AM
Earth is just a giant ant farm for an alien kid  :D
I read a book that suggested just this

magnosis

I for one think it's almost a certainty that there exist other forms of life in our universe. 

I don't believe that human have been 'touched' by alien in their latest stage of evolution, despite many clues and hints that it could be the case.  The way I see it, it would just be impossible to cover up that fact.  It it was the case that alien had landed on earth in the latest 3-5000 years, I think we'd have much more than a just a handful of clues and hints.  It would be common knowledge.  It would have been passed from generation to generation, through books, word of mouth, artefacts, etc. I mean, we'd have a substantial amount of proof by now.

As if an alien spaceship could land here, stay around for some time, and leave behind only mere traces that are so unclear they are as mis-interpreted as can be toda !?  impossible, I say.

We are too advanced and aware as a society to keep such a huge piece of information hidden forever from bilions of people.

What puzzles me is that we keep looking for life forms that are akin to ours : bipeds / quadripeds, standard head+limbs+trunk shape with eyes and mouths and such.  I think it is very much possible that we've come across alien life that is so different and unusual that we could not perceive it - because we're limited to our 5 senses.  What if the soul could exist without a physical container (human body). We can't even prove or disprove that, yet most of us agree that soul and body are two separate things that exist together, we simply cannot perceive them otherwise.

Now, I gotta say, I'm also extremely interested by the concept of paralel universes, and a number of dimensions beyond the 4 (depth, width, height, and time) we can perceive through our senses...

Humans could live for another 5000 years and I'm not sure we'd find they answers we're looking for ;)  All we can do is keep questioning and exploring !!   Not who's with me to build a ginormous spaceship ?  I can invest 100$ to start with :D

DrRockso

A very interesting book suggestion for you guys: The 12th Planet, by Zecharia Sitchin. Awesome book, to be taken lightly, just like everything else.

Also, there's a French astro-something (astronomer, astrophysicist, not sure...) who said: [trad.] The universe would be such a waste if we were alone in it.

magnosis

Quote from: DrRockso on June 09, 2011, 11:03:05 AM
Also, there's a French astro-something (astronomer, astrophysicist, not sure...) ...

Did you mean ....

Nerine

going to have to look that book up!!!

and yes it would be a total waste if we were the only ones...

BGA is not from earth or so scientists say...so who knows exactly what else is not native to our blue planet.

I do firmly believe civilization was much more advanced than we give it credit for back in those 'dark' days...tools, eye wear and all sorts of things have been found and dated back to early civilizations. who knows, maybe they had crude aircraft too, balloons or something of the like. Not everything survives the history books especially when there was a time that history was passed down generation to generation by word of mouth.

Also - there has to be SOMETHING that gave our "gods" a start...Hercules and Zeus were probably some crazy leaders or big men that did amazing things :) hehe at least I like to think that they were real people at one time!! who knows...a story has to have somewhere to start right? Even if the facts were made up and they were made larger than life, it would be awesome to find out who exactly they were (though we will never know)

so many things about our planet and history we will never know ...
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

DrRockso

So many mysteries...
When you read the ancien Hindouist texts about gods and what not, you can see that thousands of years ago, they had even more advanced technology that we have now.
I don't know how true this is, but in India, they found years ago thin layers of glass in deserts. The glass has been dated about 10-15 thousand years old and its structure could only have been created through a nuclear explosion. In one of the "sacred texts", it is said that more or less 10 thousand years ago, a great battle took place at that specific location, and that one of the gods ended the battle by launching the most powerful weapon of them all, the one that destroys everything. (I don't remember the exact name they gave to this weapon, gotta find the name of the book first!)

Sumerian civilizations had radiation medicine and their own texts and drawings were talking about gods' chariots/crafts, which humans tryied to build. Apparently, they succeeded. That made the gods very unhappy...

Then, have you heard about Shambhala and the underworld called Agharti? (Shambhala being the "capital" of this underworld) Buddhists refer to Shambhala as being "heaven", but there are gazillions of stories about an "earthly" Shambhala inhabited by a very ancient and extremely advanced civilization of "star people"...

washefuzzy

I like to think there is more out there just us.
We may be technically advance but emotionally we have a long long way to go. Our brains haven't quite kept up with the technical advances. There has always been the inspired and those I'm not so impressed with.

DrRockso

...and unfortunately, those I am not impressed with are by far more numerous than the others.

Suggestion: watch the movie Idiocracy... :S scary stuff.

Iceman

Quote from: DrRockso on June 10, 2011, 12:03:38 PM
...and unfortunately, those I am not impressed with are by far more numerous than the others.

While I agree with you, let's stay with the topic.

I'm rather curious how we became reasoning creatures. Multiple languages, clothing, buildings, tools, and where did cooking food come into play? No other creature on the planet cooks their food. Could it be that as alien offspring we were instructed to kill the "stuff" with fire since our bodies immune system is unable to kill the native planets natural bacteria and viruses?

Maybe the constant struggle with these last two is an indication that we are indeed not welcome here and in their limited but ever increasing way, they are waging war.

Nerine

Very interesting...I have to agree and have wondered that myself...every other creature eats it's food raw and doesn't get terrible virus's like we do (with some exceptions but some have mutated due to human/animal interaction)

so hmm...it makes you think :)

dan2x38

While admiring my new tinfoil hat I was taken away to Tralfamadore... LOL ;)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Iceman

Quote from: dan2x38 on June 11, 2011, 10:43:10 AM
While admiring my new tinfoil hat I was taken away to Tralfamadore... LOL ;)

Tinfoil hats aside, this is just a light hearted thread. Let's just keep it that way.

dan2x38

Quote from: Iceman on June 11, 2011, 12:57:36 PM
Tinfoil hats aside, this is just a light hearted thread. Let's just keep it that way.

I am just joking ya know... That is light hearted.  8)

Personally with or without my tinfoil hat on straight or not I do believe there is something other than us out there - how can there not be?
Voltaire:

Nerine

I prefer bubble wrap...it protects me from a LOT of things...tinfoil well ...not so much...

Iceman

It's all good Dan. :D

One of the other things I wonder about is how did humans end up with so many variations? So many different races. We all seem to be the same biologically and yet visually there are clear differences. Why?

dan2x38

Well Iceman that is a good question and opens a real can of worms. It is explained by evolution. Look at Darwins studies regarding the sea turtles between the Caribbean Islands. The shapes of the shells, length of their legs and necks. All related to their location the terrain, vegetation and waters surrounding the specific island. Same holds true for the different races.
Voltaire:

washefuzzy

Quote from: DrRockso on June 10, 2011, 12:03:38 PM

I'm already scared!