New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Almonte Fireworks

Started by JetJumper, July 04, 2011, 09:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetJumper

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

magnosis

Wow lucky you !

So next year... big OVAS bash party at your place ?  8)

rockgarden

Count me in for the party.  I can supply a few tripods  ::) 8)

JetJumper

yeah it was pretty neat.  We were not home last year to see them but this year I decided to take the Point and click camera I got and see how it turned out. I am surprised at the quality from this camera :)

dan2x38

Nice quality Jet what was it recorded with again?

The young lad wanted to pass on the fireworks this year. Last year we were away at a chalet we bought fireworks - I set them off. Well his choice this year was for us to get some more and he would set them off. He said besides next year it will be huge the 145th year celebration... LOL kids can work it eh... ;) OH BTW he had to practice lighting the lighter it was a fireplace lighter he can't really get a Bic to flick... LOL which is actually a good thing still - he turns 13 in 2 weeks. Any ways he had a blast but no video the battery was dead he also used it up videoing something or other... thank God for battery packs and rechargeables.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

JetJumper

I was going to buy some fireworks again this year, but looked at the price and said no thanks.  They are expensive :|

Its just some cheap $50 Canon Point and Click camera I bought.
Nothing special! :D

dan2x38

It did a great job - cool.

Yeah they are expensive but hey it was for the young lad... I'm a real softie find it so hard to say no. Besides like they say they are only kids once and this small stuff he will recall forever... so priceless... geeze sounds like a commercial... LOL Lastly not as expensive as buying a batch of new corals or couple cool fish when I go out shopping...  8)  So if I say no I feel guilty guess it's a way to clear my conscience... LMAO
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."