New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

A helping hand

Started by Feivel, August 24, 2012, 05:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feivel

Hey guys.

Ive been around for a while. Been reading posts posti.g my own and interacting the most i can but have been busy lately. We had a new member show up and ask for help to move a tank. I offered my services for the fee of gas. Once at the door she informed me they were injired and couldnt be of much help. Pretty much being volontold. trying to keep a good standing for our members and for the club and also being the good samaritan like i am. So..... i spent 4.5 helping these people out. At the location i find out its not just one but 3 tanks. Since i was interested in the salt stuff i asked the guy what was available. He pointed out a skimmer i asked how much he said you can have it. Theres also these powerheads. Oh and by the way this tank also. Im just going to throw it out he says (20g with some accessories). So i load the 120 tue 65 the 30 long she loaded her lights and a pail of goodies and took the 2 powerhead and my skimmer for security reasons after dropping of the tank and helping set it up they paid me 30$ like agreeed and she added she would give me what she doesnt use after she is setup. I asked for the pump to feed the skimmer. the lady

Feivel

Phone glitched

She said she wanted to make sure hers wasnt broken first and would let me know. Once i got home. I took a look at the skimmer and it was the pump for it. She was a different person after that. Well we decided we will try salt somepoint so were keeping everything. you got a good deal. You asked that guy behind our back for those small tanks you got the skimmer and the 2 free fish and got paid to go get them. I think you got a good deal. Besides i could have rented a uhaul ...... Omg she did not just go there. All i asked was the pump for the skimmer so i dont have to fork out cash to use this.So yestetday there is a post on kijiji with all that stiff she was supose to return to me for the favor deal of 30$ to do approx 100k+ in a big truck. Needles to say it actually cost me about 7$ in gas. She even went through the trouble of blocking me on facebook. If this is what its like to help out people .... Im through. I guess i was raised in a different society? 1200$ of used equip. For 100$ and she was stingy for the pump afyer all that help.    yes i am happy the gas was paid. Yes im happy i got a free skimmer and fish. But the pure profit she had made and greedyness and selfishness displayed were just mind blowing.

Cheers :-)

Dakotamay

I hear you Feivel. There are so many people out there that will just take advantage of others kindness and then spit in your face. I've been burned many a time too when thinking I was being a good friend only to find out I was just being used. I stopped talking to that person a few years ago now. Good riddance.
Just know that you did a good deed and in the end there is someone else above that knows what you did. Good karma will return to you in some way. She'll also get a taste of her own karma in time too.
It's always 1 that ruins everything for everyone else.

Feivel

Yeah for sure. I had so many other valid points that i did not list to boot. Im not mad or anything just upset she kept the pump that makes my skimmer work. Yes i appreciate the free stuff bit not for her to assume it was in her favor. she was offering a whole bunch of stuff before i left the door and when i got home and realiser its just the pump i needed i bargained the goodies she was suposed to give me for the pump. "gimme the pump keep the rest for your futuristic salt adventures" ill think about it. I agree for karma. I wont,do anything and destiny will take its toll. I do enpugh good im not worried for me. Just sad to see such shallow people lookng for hwlp and after its done its like you had disturbed their day or something. Like you never did anything. Just like scar and mufassa. ill be the bigger person. I dont need the pump i can afford to go buy one just a bummer after all the extra help i provided and the items she was offeringi declined. Would.  Have been a nice gesture on her part to give the pump to.  Me seeing as she did pay 100$ for 3 tanks and a full 4' set up lights included...... O welll life and its lessons.

Thanks for reading and letting me vent. Ive been boiling trying to be the bigger person and get over this ..... So shallow and selfish ..... I wish more people had moms like mine. With a back bone and morals and values ...... Sigh ..... Cant wait to see spciety when my daughter gets to my age.......

Greatwhite

I am a firm believer in karma...  I *constantly* do things like that, to help people out with little to no expectation of anything in return.  AND sometimes good things happen my way, and I thank the karma gods for watching out for me.

However, if you were given 1/2 of a complete unit -- by accident... The right thing to do is to give you the other half when the mistake was discovered.  Just sayin'...  OH, and to point out "we could have rented a U-Haul"... yeah, if they are "injured" and not going to be much help, that wouldn't have done them much good. :)

I threw my back out a while back, and have recurring "spasms" and I still go to the effort of moving my own stuff.  Of course, after I move heavy things, I'm useless for the rest of the day sometimes. :)

Keep on doing good deeds....  There's not enough people in the world today willing to do ANYTHING.  It would be nice to see more people in the world helping out like this.

Feivel

I dont mind at all helpi.g out people and another member needs to get a stand home from big als. I work nearby and i needed to go there anyways. Destinatio. island park/parkdale area. Its on the way home..... No  problems. Even if it was to bayshore whatever.
What upset me was all the help and efffort and they didnt take me into  consideration. Well he should be happy for the free skimmer and fish. That i am. But not much about having to buy a pump for, it when she had it and doesnt need the thing..... Anyways thats enough from me. Just wanted to warn others abput shoddy people. Oh thanks so much fpr coming it means so much. As soon as the deed is done you? Who are you i dont know you or owe ypu anything .... Thanks .... Thanks alot lol

Life. This is also someone who lives 2 streets over and i have good chance of seeing randomly again.... Anyways stop rambling now seb ..... Stop it its not good for your soul!     

Bright side i got a new skimmer some new fish and a tank for my daughter room ..... I guess for the 7$ of gas from my pocket is worth that.

Fishnut

That's awful.  Good on you for helping though.

Feivel

Yay hehe. I guess karma does pay off. So i finally got around to unpacking that small tank the guy gave me. Heres the break down :-) a 25g with canopy and lights. Heater filters carrbon and other medias and filter floss. There was a python and some tank decos gravel and another smaller tank that fit just inside. This is perfect to setup in my daughters room :-)  i dont know how he crammed that much stuff in there. It didnt look like that much although i didnt really look either. This guy must have been a packing genius. Everyhting had something inside it. Not a hole left empty. Put a smile on my face :-)

Cheers
Happy fish keeping.

Dakotamay

That's great to hear. I'm sure your daughter will enjoy a tank in her room.  :)

Feivel

She is very .looking forwards to it. I have a tank at my moms i can use to start the cycle. Im sure it needs to have some filters replaced :-)  and i can definately use those slimy pads as boosters. Go to big als next weekend with the little one and im thinking on getting cychlids or a pair of oscars. Any ideas? I could always get a school of guppies or something but there pretty boring. I love the quick reproductive schedule they have. Thats the only exciting thing about them.

Thanks for the suggestions.

dpatte

I must say Feivel helped me move a new 6x2x3 stand from Big Al's east to my home. Thanks Feiv'!
1 210g Asian Community planted fast water tank: balas, tiger & black ruby barbs, red-tail black shark, rainbows, loaches, SAEs, gold CAEs, 1500GPH river flow, plus 1500gph filtration.
1 75g African planted tank: 3 synos (had them since the 90s), yellow labs, kribensis.
1 40g breeder, silicone-divided into two - quarantine and nursery.

Hookup

I have LOL'd so many times at this thread...  Thank you Feivel for the entertainment.