New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Snorkelling Video

Started by Stussi613, January 16, 2014, 01:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stussi613

We found a small reef off the beach at Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.  Some really cool fish were living in it, including a few nice juvenile Gray Angelfish (Pomacanthus arcuatus) and bunch of smaller fish.  Water conditions weren't great, but you can still see the fish :)

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/tqxa5kcH9h4[/embed]
I haz reef tanks.

charlie

Nice Stu,
it`s amazing to observe the fish & the tidal type water movement
.Errol

2075turner

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

Stussi613

I haz reef tanks.

Greatwhite

Ya, that's about how I remember swimming around Punta Cana...  The water conditions weren't great anywhere near shore, but if you paid to go snorkeling, they take you out in a boat to a real reef.  It was much better further out. :)  I think the reef we went to was about 6 feet deep where we were... There was a big sandbar or something.

How did you like Dreams, by the way? That's the one with the cool kids Pirate ship pool, isn't it?  We looked at that place when the inlaws paid for the whole family to go on a vacation, but *they* decided against going there because it was "too far down the beach from everything else" and "we are not taking a vacation just for the kids, it's for all the adults too"  (cuz I had 2 kids at the time... *shrug*)

Seems like a very nice all-around resort to me, and is on the list of places to go (without the inlaws).

sas

This thread has been split and the discussion of vacation experiences has been moved to the Lounge.
Thanks guys.

ajm1961

Cool video Stu.

And yes, nice to hear from you Evelyn. How are your angels and discus?
Cheers!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

percula99

Wish I could get that kind of wave action out of my Tunze wavebox.
180 gallon reef. 250 lbs live rock. Mostly LPS and softies with some SPS. Show fish are Blonde Naso, Emperor Angel, mated Ocellaris clowns. 504 watt LEDs..