New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Amazing deal

Started by Christianloug, July 29, 2018, 11:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christianloug

So just the other day, I was looking for a good sized tank on Kijiji and as I was looking a new ad popped up, the ad was for a 75 gallon aquarium, with 5ply black wood stand, and cover for the hood, it also had a fluval 405 filtration system with only 1 thing to replace, it came with a background, gravel, light, books, treatment, a test kit, replacement charcoal, a 50 ft python, and an air pump that is absolutely silent and is for up to 120 gallon. The deal was a total of 130$ with a 10$ shipping fee, that the brought half way across the city, used their brothers truck and delivered to our basement. This deal looks like it's worth up to 2500$ at least to me, I already had a heater from the auction that I accidentally bought but is the right size, I bought some more paint to make it look perfect, the replacement parts, airlines, and sand, all for under 175$ total for my whole setup. The tank is in practically mint condition, along with the cabinet and top, and hood.
Just wanted to share this amazing experience with you guys!
Christian.

tanksalot360

This is a completely relevant post in the aquarium world! I too like to shop around for that incredibly valuable deal. If you're willing to hunt down and replace a part or two and apply a fresh coat of paint, why not?! And if you don't mind a little wear and tear, all the power to you! What a combo you found! This hobby can get expensive otherwise, especially buying one piece at a time. Buying second hand keeps otherwise water tight aquariums out of the land fills and lets them live out the extended lives they have to begin with! While leaving more pocket change for upgrades, the ability to stock with proper sized groups of fish, to try out those rarer plants, to win those auctions,  or to give everyone a chance to experience this hobby.
I'm very happy you found something!