New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Bubble Magnus Skimmer Sellers in Canada

Started by albertthiel, March 03, 2014, 06:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aqua-digital

Quote from: bandit on March 06, 2014, 09:14:58 AM
I always prefer to buy locally, but it dosnt always happen. I have my heart set on a AQUAMAX C03 skimmer and they seem to only distribute them to the big boys. So its 8weeks back order from marinedepot >:(. If only one of our local stores could carry these.  :)

Something we could look at but the trouble is most skimmers do not come with Canadian electrically approved pumps so we wont carry them. I know many distributors don't care, but this is company ethically important to us.

ray

Bandit,I talked w/ that company and they do not sell directly to any store,They are distributed by the wholesale arm of Marinedepot.So if they don't have i would say the problem is at source and both are located in SoCal

albertthiel

Quote from: aqua-digital on March 06, 2014, 10:09:44 AM
Something we could look at but the trouble is most skimmers do not come with Canadian electrically approved pumps so we wont carry them. I know many distributors don't care, but this is company ethically important to us.

Kudos to you for that approach !

Ethical is the ONLY way to go ... and yes I know some LFS's and distributors may not feel the same way but I applaud your approach. Way to Go !

bandit

CSA is nice, but if i got a csa skimmer it would be the only pump in my system out of 12 that would be approved, lol but its a start

Stussi613

Quote from: bandit on March 06, 2014, 12:56:01 PM
CSA is nice, but if i got a csa skimmer it would be the only pump in my system out of 12 that would be approved, lol but its a start

I get where you're coming from, but considering the issue that caused Aqua-Digital to do the recall and the certification on the new pump, I'd say the skimmer is one place where you would want a UL certified pump.  We can argue this until the cows come home, but I commend Michael for stepping up and fixing the issue and holding a line in the sand of using a good pump instead of the cheapest one he can find and making the most profit possible like everyone else does.
I haz reef tanks.

Got Fish?

We are waiting for a new shipment from bm right now so will be back in stock soon.