New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Gauging interest in regular get togethers

Started by charlie, September 17, 2011, 01:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

QuoteHello planted tank hobbyist, is there any interest in a regular gathering for planted tank hobbyist , be it monthly or every 2 months preferably on a weekend , this venture is not intended to market / promote any vendor /product or personal gain either by monetary or other.
The idea here is to meet exchange ideas & issues , trade or sell plants & associated gear one on one with each other, all in the interest of helping & promoting the planted tank hobby, this venture is not intended to be separate to the club but in conjunction with OVAS.
Please indicate in this thread with preference of day, time & monthly or every 2 mths ,& any other suggestions.
Just trying to gauge interest  here to see if we have enough hobbyist.
Thanks
Ok guys, so how about Saturday Oct. 15 TH @ 1.00PM
Location -http://www.merivalefish.com/
Anyone who can offer a ride or need a ride should indicate here.
Bring questions, ideas, experiences & of course any plant related stuff to trade, sell etc.
Perhaps post what you are bringing or looking for.
Everyone welcome
Regards

Fishnut

I would like to suggest an alternative meeting location: Lonestar on Baseline Rd.  I would be happy to find out if they have an available party room that we can use.

charlie

Guys we need input-
what is the preferred day/date?- 15th or 16 Th (Sat./Sun.)
Time - 11.00-1.00-4.00 PM ?
Place - Royal Oak on Hunt Club, Merivael seafood , Lone star /Baseline, Buffet DE continents( Gat),The Score ( Kantata), i`m inclined with the last 2, simply because they afford the Opp. for a fish store visit before or after( La Niche /Big Al's ( West)
I can offer rides to anyone on the way or can get to South Keys/Greenboro Transit.
Please offer your input.

sas

Arg I'm out, don't have a ride and a 60th birthday has come up.
Sorry Errol I would have really liked to get to this. Maybe next time.

magnosis

Oct 15th works for me. I'll let you guys pick a place ;)

Anja

I could make the 16th, but not the 15th (bummer), which seems to be everyone else's preferred date, though, so I hope to see you all next time.
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

fischkopp

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

HappyGuppy

Would this only be for freshwater planted tanks?  I have been enjoying planted tanks for years but this year I changed my focus to marine planted tanks.  I am enamored with the alien looking plants of the sea, and the tanks, in my eyes, are just stunning.  I know that I would be a tiny minority in the meetings, but hey, it is still a "planted tank", and who knows, I might even serve to inspire some folks to try this slice of the hobby.

So... may I be included?

charlie

Quote from: HappyGuppy on October 06, 2011, 10:00:46 AM
Would this only be for freshwater planted tanks?  I have been enjoying planted tanks for years but this year I changed my focus to marine planted tanks.  I am enamored with the alien looking plants of the sea, and the tanks, in my eyes, are just stunning.  I know that I would be a tiny minority in the meetings, but hey, it is still a "planted tank", and who knows, I might even serve to inspire some folks to try this slice of the hobby.

So... may I be included?
QuoteOk guys, so how about Saturday Oct. 15 TH @ 1.00PM
Location -http://www.merivalefish.com/
Anyone who can offer a ride or need a ride should indicate here.
Bring questions, ideas, experiences & of course any plant related stuff to trade, sell etc.
Perhaps post what you are bringing or looking for.
Everyone welcome
Regards

magnosis

Quote from: HappyGuppy on October 06, 2011, 10:00:46 AM

So... may I be included?

I know close to nothing of this world, and would love to be enlightened :)

2075turner

So where's going to be now?  I was under the impression the it was on Marivale (seafood place) @ 1pm on Saturday 15th...has this changed? :-\

charlie

Quote from: 2075turner on October 06, 2011, 03:19:33 PM
So where's going to be now?  I was under the impression the it was on Marivale (seafood place) @ 1pm on Saturday 15th...has this changed? :-\
Since the only people that suggested a place & signaled their preference the majority rules .
Date - October 15TH Saturday
Place -The Seafood Grill ( fish & chips)
           http://www.merivalefish.com/
Time - 1.00PM
Good company, healthy discussion on various planted topics, sharing experiences & trying to help each other enjoy our passion, also opened to trading selling or giving away plant clippings & related items
come one come all
Hope to you you all

magnosis

2075turner

Quote from: charlie on October 06, 2011, 06:57:21 PM
Since the only people that suggested a place & signaled their preference the majority rules .
Time - 1.00PM
Good company, healthy discussion on various planted topics, sharing experiences & trying to help each other enjoy our passion, also opened to trading selling or giving away plant clippings & related items
come one come all
Hope to you you all

Okay, great.

I shall be there ;)

HappyGuppy

Thank you Charlie for your creative answer.  I would like to come to some future event however that Saturday I already am scheduled elsewhere. :(

charlie

Quote from: HappyGuppy on October 07, 2011, 05:42:13 AM
Thank you Charlie for your creative answer.  I would like to come to some future event however that Saturday I already am scheduled elsewhere. :(
You are welcome- we are all not created alike.

see you guys on the 15 th everyone welcome,
QuoteDate - October 15TH Saturday
Time - 1.00PM
come one come allHope to you you all

charlie

Quote from: charlie on October 06, 2011, 06:57:21 PM
Time - 1.00PM
come one come all
Hope to you you all
Hey guys, it looks like i will have a few sampling of plants to offer for sale, all proceeds go to the club, not much but will have a little of Rotala Vietnam,Pogostemon helferi / Downoi ,
Tonina sp. 'Belem',Hygrophila pinnatifida  & Java fern.
Anyone else want to add what they can offer.
Regards

Fishnut

I need to thin my moss clump...but it has some algae in it.  I'll throw it in with my amano shimp to see how it cleans up.  It's mostly Flame Moss and Java Moss mixed together.

My non-aquarium loving hubby will be there too...well, he's passively interested.  I bribed him to come along with the promise of letting him eat fish  ;D

charlie

QuoteDate - October 15TH Saturday
Time - 1.00PM
come one come allHope to you you all
See you guy`s tomorrow, Fishnut has an excellent subject to break the ice with  ;)