New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

freaky deaky dutch post button

Started by babblefish1960, June 30, 2006, 01:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

Succinctfish was telling me how annoying it has been to post something and have an error telling her she'd already posted it(not true), and the ensuing hassle trying to actually establish a genuine post.

Well, it wasn't happening to me, so I really didn't get too worked up about it(dumb stance at the best of times).

Last night and today(wednesday and thursday), every single post did this to me, and several among those required twice, three times and once four times to repeat the process of rescuing my message and re-establishing the errant post in its proper place.

This was across the board in every forum including the private messages.

this is a heads up call, and the frame has had something rattled loose, and I wonder if there is anyone technologically inclined to fix the aforementioned gremlin.

I lost several messages I tried to post and so I have had my humour evaporate in the heat and would enjoy hitting the machinery with a much larger hammer. :P

Addendum; Including this post.

artw

when I finish typing a verbose post (which for me is not very often),  I always select all and right click and click Copy.  that way when it rejects it (gee Jody, maybe thats a hint LOL) I can retry and not have to retype it. just click Paste

darkdep

I usually post in the quick reply box.  If I get the message, I hit Back, hit F5 to refresh, then click post.  When you refresh, the text in the Quick Reply box stays.

artw

Deepest Darkest Deppest sometimes when I do that, I don't need to hit F5, the text magically reappears.

succinctfish

Now that is all terribly clever and technogeeky of you guys ;D
How about just being able to push the button and it works?
Is this some kind of bug that you could fix oh APW?  Not being prone to verbosity like some folks here ::), I still would rather not have to muck around making sure I have back up of what I've written if it is not absolutely necessary.

darkdep

It's a bug in the forum software, it's rather slow to track down.

babblefish1960

Fair enough, we await your pest control solution, perhaps tea tree oil and water, it works for spiders. ;D

babblefish1960

I can't believe that no one else is having a problem with this, it is driving me nuts, and some would say I was crazy already. I do so hope you hunt down this maggoty little monster and give it a proper whack.

PaleoFishGirl

You're not alone, Babblefish - it's starting to happen to me more & more frequently... grrrrrr

cory

ive had it happen to me several times.

gonzobluefuzz

I've had the same issue  w/ PMs   >:(    Glad to see it's not only me  ;D

babblefish1960

It has been very frustrating to deal with, especially as I am not a geek or a nerd or whatever technocrats are called these days, I find it telling me I've already posted for both the pm's as well as the basic forum replies.

Often it is twice, sometimes three times to get through, and once, I had to repost seven times just to get the scurilous thing posted. It is not something I experience on any other site, here's hoping the powers that be can find the little gremlin and punish it soundly.

succinctfish

Oh APW, please fix this!  I am starting to sound like a crazy woman here with my disjointed postings because by the time I can get it to work, everyones moved on to a different topic. I was tempted to sling my laptop across the room in frustration(as if it was my poor computers fault)when I had to post 7 times before it would go through....

RoxyDog

well, I get to join the ranks of these here problematic posting people...it's happening to me now too. *sigh*
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

babblefish1960

Welcome to the growing ranks of gremlin afflicted posters, I must add that the frequency is mounting with each passing day.

artw

it may just be APW's way of getting back at you 2 for the continuous Monty Python references and jokes last month.

babblefish1960

No way man, APW is a closet python fan from way back, I'm sure, otherwise he wouldn't voice his objections so loudly.

"methinks the lady doth protest too much" :D

Underwater

I noticed after I eased up on the MP references, my problem with the bug seems to have diminished.  ;)

babblefish1960