New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Me, Apistome.

Started by apistome, December 13, 2006, 10:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apistome

Hi, My real name is not apistome. It's Eric Espig. Wow, it feels great to get that off my chest.

Right now, well in a few minutes, I will be heading to Algonquin College where I am enrolled in the Museum Studies program. I am in my first year of 3 and am once again quite liking the student lifestyle!

I am 33, oops, 34 years old and was born in Ottawa. But thankfully I have travelled alot! Some of the most interesting or beautiful places I have been are Barcelona, Florence, Havana, Berlin, New York, Boston, and St. John's.

I like to play guitar and organ, and I play in a band called The Solid Senders. I have played in bands for quite a while now and have a fairly broad taste from electronic to folk, experimental to pop. This band is pure 60's garage pop though.

I bought an aquarium in Nov of 2005 after attending an OVAS meeting with the purpose of setting up a South American apistogramma biotope, and soon realized I didn't want an unplanted tank with rotting leaves in the bottom of it so I compromised

This is my first year as Secretary of the club and everyone has been very patient. as all aquarist must be.

Nice to meet you!

babblefish1960

I'm stunned, I was absolutely certain that you got into the fish hobby because historically, you were always into fish as your name was Mr. Apistome, such a secret.

So what manner of fish do you keep Mister Apistome sir, I'm dreadfully curious, and what was your compromise?

The band sounds interesting, good luck this weekend. School must be very trying after having only been working, now you have to prove yourself all over, good luck with that and study hard.

I should like to add that apparently, though I wouldn't know much about it, Mr. Apistome is something of an expert on beers as well, a connoisseur if you will. All that band practice I suppose. You may have a few things in common with Iceman. ;D

apistome

Hi Jody,

I will have to expound on my previous effort, as it lacked suffficient information for you to formulate some obvious deductions from my prose ...so here goes...

The compromise I spake was that of keeping all like, possibly natually interacting species together in a healthy
well maintained environment, but with non-biotopical plants and/or coconuts co-habitating the same tank.

School is very difficult as I cannot fire the students that deserve to be fired. But I can sleep peacefully at night knowing the real world is waiting for them.

As for beer expertise, I must confess I am the very well schooled, if anyone has any beer related questions i would be happy to answer them....in a pub....preferrrably one with deep fried pickles.

p.s. I drank a "smoked beer" last night that a friend bought me and it was fantastic. Think of sausages, mixed with beer, mixed with soccer, in a glass.