New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Total newbie infected with the fish bug

Started by Anja, January 27, 2008, 09:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anja

Woohoo, I'm approved, I can look at the gallery (very nice btw.) and post.

*hrrmp* Anyway. Something about me? We had a huge aquarium when I was a child, and I've always been fascinated by them (wandered through the Aquarium of the Pacific last Feb and felt like a child at Christmas). Last year we built a pond in the backyard and started with three comets, who are hopefully hibernating peacefully at the bottom (they were alive as of Jan 9th aka the meltdown).

But what brought me here happened at the end of summer: I got a Waterhome 25 aquarium kit. And was infected with the bug. I started reading up on aquariums, slowly deciding what Id like to do with my tank (something well planted, Amazonian w/ small Tetras), and I'm currently working on a list of fish that would go well together, so it'll be easier to pick some in the end (Neons, Glowlights, that sort of thing, maybe some shrimp ...). As of today the tank is still empty, because I have to renovate my office to make room for it and the solid base it needs. I'd like to start slowly, gathering as much information as I can beforehand, which brings me here. :o)

I gather there's a meeting tomorrow. I'd like to come, if that's ok.
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

Vizerdrix

You're more than welcome to the meeting!  The more the merrier! :)

Glad to see you are researching everything so carefully beforehand.  That's always the tough part in this hobby, deciding what to put in, how, and then waiting the appropriate amount of time before plopping everything into the tank. :D

dan2x38

Glad to meet you the meetings are fun. Viserdrix sorry you are wrong the hardest thing about aquariums is just like 'Lays Chips'... "You can't have just one!" LOL Good luck with the 25... post those pics.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Anja

Thanks for the welcome. I'll try to find you tonight, then.
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)