New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hi!

Started by ashley, April 06, 2008, 03:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashley

Hi, my names Ashley. I joined last week but havn't had a chance to post yet. I'm more of a lurker than a poster.
I've been keeping and breeding fish for the past few years now. My main addiction are bettas, but I've recently started to become interested in Killifish. I have a whole bunch of tanks, ranging from 10-70gal. Most are breeding and growout tanks, but I do have a 60gal planted tank.
Some of the fish I am breeding now are:
Betta Splendens
Betta Mandor
Betta Channoides
Betta Simplex
Betta Falx
Betta Unimaculata
Betta Patoti
F.Gardneri
Congo Tetras (though I have yet to get fry)

ttyl

Shrimpy

Welcome to OVAS Ashley.  :)

Dave and Diane

Welcome to the OVAS enjoy

Brine

WOOHOO another fishy person. Welcome!

Vizerdrix

Wow!  So many species of Betta!  Sounds really cool. :)

Welcome Ashley, I can't wait to see pictures of all your fish!

dan2x38

Welcome nice to meet ya... what Vizie said... where are the pictures? ;) I didn't know there were so many Bettas.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

ashley

Heres a few pics of some of my fishies:

Vizerdrix

WOW!!!  Those are amazing!  You should enter one of those pics in the photo contest!

BTW, how much for one (or a breeding pair) of those gorgeous orange and black splendens? :)

dan2x38

Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Darth

Wow those are amazing

ashley

I have a small spawn of them growing out, but they are still tiny. Price denends on quality.

thanks

hermitcrab

Hi Ashley,

I raised F. Gardneri for about 5 years but eventually got lazy and stopped collecting the eggs, by the time I noticed that the population had aged too much, the eggs they produced were no longer fertile.

Where did you find the ones that you have?  I would like to give them a try again.

HermitCrab