New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

The son of Viz has joined

Started by AltamaraKai, July 22, 2008, 10:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AltamaraKai

Hey everyone!!

I'm Justin, Christine's son. I'm new to OVAS, having helped out a bit before. Just started working at Big Al's and I hope I can help out and learn a lot more here! The main dream tank for me right now is something I've been looking at for a while... a nice 75 gallon with a red fire eel and I'm looking for suggestions as to what to put in with it (leaning towards south American cichlids, with blue acara's standing out to me)

It's nice to meet you all, again that is :P

Laura

I like SonOfViz as a forum name...... ;)
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

washefuzzy

I glad to see the bug has bitten you good.  ;) Welcome aboard.

Vizerdrix

Quote from: Laura on July 22, 2008, 11:28:49 PM
I like SonOfViz as a forum name...... ;)

So do I, especially since he uses that at OVAS functions!  ;D

Welcome!  I'm sure you'll find lots of great information here! ;)

ps, clean your room.  :P

AltamaraKai

zima

Welcome aboard, Justin. It was nice meting you at the BBQ and getting your help at the Big Al's! This is a great place to learn and share. And, I'm especially glad with your aspiring ambitions for big guns - a 75g instead of a bunch of 10g and 20g's. Make sure it's planted though  8)

dan2x38

Glad you finally joined in! Welcome Justin - Son of Vizie. I love the idea of the Blue Acara and/or Yellows they are lovely fish as well. Also I like SA cichlids a lot so ya got my vote. They have such personality. And they're less aggressive then African cichlids.

So when will you be getting your membership? You can get a family one with Vizie... if you clean your room... ROTFL

If you do not have your OVAS membership for 2008-2009 get it now. OVAS is holding our annual membership drive on Aug. 30th. Of course you can buy your memberships now, at any meeting, Big Al's Innes, online here, the membership drive locations, and of course afterwards as well. So far these are the locations: Big Al's- 1900 Innes Road & 145 Roland Michener Drive, Kanata, Pet Cirrus- 274 Bank Street, & La Niche- 205 rue Bellehumeur, Gatineau. Any additional locations will be announced.

What does your membership bring you you might ask?  8) Well discounts from OVAS Sponsors, full access to the forums Lounge and Photo Gallery, borrow books from the Library, and registeration on the OVAS Breeders Directory. Not to mention free admission to special events & speakers.

Thank you!
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

cora

Hey Justin!
Welcome Welcome! Its nice to see you join in on all the fun! :P OVAS is a great place to be. A good start in a life long journey of fish and friends. I'm sure your mom is happy that you are taking an interest in something that she is passionate about! (Personally I wish my MOM would be interested in my passion .. but I think snakes are a little harder to accept than fish :P )
I'm sure everyone will have wonderful suggestions about what fish you should keep :P all I can say is make sure you do the research before you make your move!
I look forward to seeing you around, and I hope that you are also able to find here friendships you will remember for life!!!

-Cora

P.S. Now they are going to have to make magic an official club sport :P