New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Nepean Newbie

Started by algour, September 22, 2008, 09:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

algour

:) I have recently moved from Kingston to Nepean and had to close down my 90 gal cichlid tank for several mths.  Just got it up and running again and would love a piece of sponge to start the bacteria colony if someone could spare a piece.  I would love to get to know some of you breeders here in Ottawa and have heard that there is an auction where I might purchase rather good quality cichlids to stock my tank.  I am looking for a demasoni colony of good quality for now.  I am also looking for a lift to the OVAS meetings.

Anja

Yay for the west end.  ;D

Sorry, no sponge or lift (I'm bussing it). But just wanted to say welcome and hope you make it tonight.

As for breeders, you might want to check out the BAP Program (Articles/Info Menu on the left).
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

mdaigle

What part of Nepean?  I am in Barrhaven and could probably give you a piece of sponge, but I am not attending the meeting unfortunately.

Michel

55g FW Community - Neons, Cardinals, Rasboras, YoYo Loaches
30g - Lake Malawi Cichlids
20g - TBD
15g - Guppies
15g - Guppies
10g - Grow out
10g - QT/Hospital

algour

Hi Michel,

Nice to meet you.  Don't know the area well but have heard of Barrhaven.  I would appreciate a piece of sponge if you can spare it.  Could we meet on the weekend (Sat. or Sun. your choice)?    Let me know your address and how to get there and I can come pick it, maybe have a peek at your tanks at the same time.  My email address is and you can send you address there for privacy.  Thanks for the response.  Alexander   8)

dan2x38

Welcome Algour nice to meet you! Glad to hear your starting back-up. I am sure some of the Afircan folks can steer you in the right direction. If you can't get any used media I can get you some just need to replace my sponge it is AC70. Hope you were able to make the meeting?

If you have not got your club membership you can get one online here. You can also buy them at the meetings and Big Al's Innes Rd.

Your club membership gets you full access to the website's Lounge & Gallery, access to a well stocked library, able to get name on BAP list, access to most presenations and events plus discounts at local & online sponsors.

Hope to see you out at the meetings.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

DiSkO

let me know if you still need some media....i could hook you up with some  :)