New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hi everyone...

Started by ajm1961, October 01, 2009, 10:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajm1961

I just posted this as well in the Online Names thread, thought I'd cross over into this one, which is more about intros...

Well, it's about time I introduced myself, having been on the forums for close to a year now and also a member since around March.

My 'nic' is not all that creative, it's simply a combination of my initials, Andre Joseph Martin, and my birth year - yep, a bit of an 'oldie' (hey I'm still a tad younger than BabbleFish1960!). It's been my username for my email and other accounts, so it was easier to reuse and remember!

I love a lot of the nics I've been seeing in this forum and the explanations are fun too!
BTW (Ramblnpony): I'm also a blues fan, Fleetwood Mac in Chicago and James Cotton's 100% Cotton are two of my all-time faves! And like roman and greek mythology (Nerine - very cool)

Hopefully I'll bump into some of you at the various functions. Been to the Annual Giant Auction (won a 20 gallon tank too!), and more recently at the garage sale.

I've also bought stuff from a number of people who have posted in this site's Classified Adds, here's a few:

Babblefish: bought his 135 gallon tank and Eheim filter - hope he is doing well in Victoria
Robt: bought 3 yellow lab fry, they are thriving in the big tank!
Taim: bought 4 Kingsizei fry, also growing fine in the big tank!
Jimskoi: bought a nice black pine wood stand - looking great!
And from others: filters, rocks, a test kit, a 6ft powerbar, heaters, even a Big Als Gift  certificate - it's all good!

I'll be posting some pics of my tanks in the coming days, I just wanted to share my gratitude with everyone at OVAS that I've gotten advice from, and the people who I have bought from - it's truly awesome to be part of this community. And thanks to the people who make this all happen, the OVAS executive committee and site webmaster.
YOU GUYS/GIRLS ROCK! 8)
Happy fishkeeping to all! 
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

Vincenzo.

zima

Welcome back and thanks for the kind words! Hopefully there's still lots left for you to discover. Looking forward to checking out your pictures and meeting you on one of our monthly gatherings!

fischkopp

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

robt18

Glad to hear they're doing well! There's more here if you're interested ;)

charlie

Welcome & thanks for sharing, always great hearing from different members.