New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Andrew's 24G Setup

Started by androo303, June 03, 2012, 12:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exv152

Quote from: androo303 on June 28, 2012, 01:15:12 PMWhat is the easiest method to perform a rescape? ...

If you're not planning to change / remove the substrate you should be fine with leaving the fish in the tank. Take advantage of this time to do a %50 water change too, reduce the water level, rescape, then add new water. Also pull the plants out slowly to not disturb too much of the substrate, that tends to cause lots of debris to rise. If you have an extra filter on-hand fill it with just filter floss only and run it for a couple of hours after. Couple of tricks I've learned along the way.
;)
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

pm

+1 to what is said above.  I did a complete rescape 2 weeks ago, and did exactly that.  No deaths or issues with fauna.

androo303

I've really gotta stop giving away my old stuff, especially my old HOB filer :P HA.

I will need to pull all my plants and inspect for the BBA/Diatoms so i can trim away what is still plaging the fauna.

Thanks for the tips, I will probably end up re-scaping tomorrow morning during my 50% water change.