New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Big Al's boxing day flyer came late did yours?

Started by flyingpancake, January 10, 2020, 01:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyingpancake

Mine just came 2 days ago.. from big Al's .... and was wondering if others arrived late as well so the people who send them out can take this into consideration.  I know we could look closer to boxing Day here or on their site...but usually everyone is busy and not many people on here at that time of year.

tanksalot360

I check online!
They also send marketing emails
Weekly specials usually get replaced with the sale flyers, or can be navigated to on their site.
http://bigals.ca/specials/ottawa-east-specials

Jody

Hi Flyingpancake,

As I mentioned in the PM I sent to you in reply to your PM about the subject, the flyers are sent out a couple weeks ahead of time, and that you are the first person who has ever mentioned to me about getting it late. As with all marketing, timing is important, send it out too early and you risk slowing pre-sale sales or having people forget about the flyer. Also, you have to take into account the fact that they are making deals with manufacturers, waiting for stock to arrive and then time to get the flyers printed that also play into the mail out windows. They need to confirm that everything they put in the flyer is going to be available, before having them printed.
If you know that mail getting to you can be slow, keep an eye out for an e-flyer, or check the website about a 5 days to week before the event as the flyer (as well any other sale event information throughout the year) is available there as well.
Of course, since the sale is on Dec 26th - 31st every year, you could also come on in and take advantage of the sales anyways  ;D.

Jody

lucius

I didn't receive a paper flyer but did receive an email about the Boxing Day sales.