New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

September Meeting

Started by limmer, September 13, 2010, 10:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limmer

Greeting,
   As mentioned at the last BBQ and Newsletter, we will be distributing bowls to all members at the next meeting (or you can use your own bowl) to landscape at your hearts desire.  You can use anything you want.  Freshwater, Salt, Planted, gravel & rocks, your choice is unlimited.  You can bring them back in November to be judged.  At the last CAOAC convention there were some great bowls. Check out the first 2 pictures. http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c258/zenins/KWAS%20Events/CAOAC%20Oakville%202010May21-23/Fish%20Show%20Other/?albumview=slideshow
Let me know if you are interested and if you need a bowl.

We would like to showcase our members home aquariums.  We need your participation!  We are asking you to take a picture or short video of your setup to showcase at the September meeting.  You can send them to me or let me know you are participating.  My email is .  Please provide a brief introduction and tell us what you have.  Beginner or long time Aquarius, we are interested.  If you need help with the pictures, contact me and I will try and arrange someone to help.

As a final note there will be pizza!

garnpet

Please note:

The September meeting will be held on the 27th of September, 7pm at JA Dulude Arena.

Also on the schedule for the meeting will be OVAS by-elections.

Due to our Garage Sale and Membership Drive on the 25th of September we will NOT be holding a mini-auction at this meeting.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Nerine

I'll be at the front! Looking forward to this :D I have missed you all!!!!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Nerine

ALERT!! DONT FORGET BOWLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There seemed to be a little bit of confusion regarding the bowl show...I hope to clarify!!

OVAS will be bringing some bowls to the meeting, but you must let us know! Send the email to limmer (see above post!)

You CAN bring your own bowl! I personally would love to see unusual bowls and containers for fish (I googled mini aquascape last night and came up with some AMAZING ideas!)

Sooooooooooo dig out that old decanter that's collecting dust, find that carboy sitting in the garage, pull out that vase that Aunt Gloria gave you that you hate but you can't throw it away because she looks for it when she comes over, dig out those fish bowls under the big tanks....and start getting your ideas going!

There are some wonderful mini aqua scapes out there and you have till November's meeting!! (btw I don't want to hear you can't transport it, because you can! I have seen people roll out their tools like a surgical kit and prepare everything just so AT the show!!)

Hope to see you all there!! I know I'm excited to get going!! There were some great bowl finds at the garage sale!
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

2075turner

Is there some kind of size restriction on these bowls? 

Nerine

Good question!

I don't THINK so?? as long as you can carry it? hehe Don't haul a 55 gallon bowl to the meeting??? ;)

Maybe Limmer can chime in here!

2075turner

LOL, I was thinking of a 5 gal I have kicking around.   ;)

magnosis

I wish there would be a podcast of the meeting  8)

Schedule doesn't allow me to attend, but I so wish I could be there !

Have fun everyone, and please do post pictures of the bowls  :D

holachicka

Quote from: Nerine on September 26, 2010, 11:38:36 AM
Sooooooooooo dig out that old decanter that's collecting dust,

nooooooooo, Nerine, what are you doing?!?! You just gave away my secret...lol

and btw Nerine, that was waaaaay more than a "one-liner"....lol

Thanks for the clarification - I admit, I was one of those "confused" but now that I have read the post - I am all up to speed :)

See you all tonight - Dont forget to bring the kiddies, I will be bringing the loot bag with a few little goodies!!!

garnpet

Quote from: magnosis on September 27, 2010, 11:35:54 AM
Have fun everyone, and please do post pictures of the bowls  :D

Just to make sure, bringing a decorated bowl is NOT tonight - the decorated bowl part of the contest is in November.. Tonight is to pick up a bowl if you need one, but if you have an empty bowl you wish to bring for intimidation feel free.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Jeff1192

Wish I could have made the meeting tonight but my hockey coaches meeting ran late. Hope everything went well and looking forward to seeing the results of the by-election.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

White Lightning

Got tied up at work and couldn't make it. I suppose that doesn't look that good considering I was running for auction chair. Unfortunately work never seems to end.

holachicka

Quote from: White Lightning on September 27, 2010, 08:50:47 PM
Got tied up at work and couldn't make it. I suppose that doesn't look that good considering I was running for auction chair. Unfortunately work never seems to end.

Does not matter - you won :)

White Lightning

Did anyone else even run? Probably not eh?

Do people still vote when no one else expresses an interest in the position?

FocusFin

Someone suggested nominating a chair to run against you because the chair actually showed up but in the end you won. ;D

Just kidding, everyone knew you had to work so there was no problem. Congrats Randy.

110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

Brine

I really enjoyed seeing the pictures and video clips of peoples tanks. Can we do that more often? There are so many tanks to see and so many species and set ups I'll bet we could see a few tanks every meeting for years before we saw them all.

Also I am looking forward to this "fish bowl" exposition/competition thing. We are such a creative bunch I am sure there will be much to see.

Vincenzo.

i too enjoyed sharing my system crashes and thousands of dollars lost :D

freshfishies

Quote from: Vince. on September 27, 2010, 10:51:26 PM
i too enjoyed sharing my system crashes and thousands of dollars lost :D

Well at least you put on a smile about it! Kudos ;) 

I agree..we should have more sharing opportunities! I really enjoyed it as well :)

Nerine

Yes! I'm so happy people submitted so many photos and videos!!

I think we should continue this and do our homeshow this way...there seemed to be more people participating :P Yay! Loved seeing all the tanks and fish!! I think I'm going to go out and get some africians soon as I move out some other fish ;)

Severum

Yes the videos and photos were a good idea. Very enjoyable.

The pizza was a good idea too. My clogged arteries thank you for it. :)
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

2075turner

Quote from: Severum on September 28, 2010, 11:08:19 AM
Yes the videos and photos were a good idea. Very enjoyable.

The pizza was a good idea too. My clogged arteries thank you for it. :)

DITTO