New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

La Société d’Aquariophilie de Montréal, S.A.M. - Giant Auction

Started by garnpet, October 02, 2010, 12:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnpet

S.A.M. is having their Giant Auction on Sunday November 28.

See the attached poster for more information.

www.aquasam.qc.ca

[attachment deleted by admin]
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Nerine

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

zima

ordi260

I might go too and willing to offer carpooling too (if i go).

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

Nerine

only problem with me carpooling...I'd have to drive to Ottawa first then back track ;) HAHAHA

Unless people wanted to meet at Exit 51??

We'll have to work out some details :) (guess we should start a carpooling thread)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

robt18

Don't forget to budget room for all of the stuff you want time bring back ;)

Bring styro boxes!

zima

Quote from: Nerine on October 03, 2010, 11:15:45 AM
only problem with me carpooling...I'd have to drive to Ottawa first then back track ;) HAHAHA

Unless people wanted to meet at Exit 51??

We'll have to work out some details :) (guess we should start a carpooling thread)

No problemo, I can pick you up and drop you off if I end up going!

2075turner

So I am thinking of going now.... ::)  Does anyone want to carpool to it?  Let me know. 

irene

I'm thinking of going...I couldn't drive but I'd split for gas if someone has room in their car..

2075turner

I would still have room in my car if there is anyone else interested. :)

moise

If you have items to sale for the auction

Note that the registration will open tomorow at noon

Thanks

2075turner

Quote from: garnpet on October 02, 2010, 12:10:10 PM
S.A.M. is having their Giant Auction on Sunday November 28.

See the attached poster for more information.

www.aquasam.qc.ca

Is there an english version that I am missing.  I would like to register some items but don`t know much french. :-[

zima

Quote from: 2075turner on November 19, 2010, 01:26:48 PM
Is there an english version that I am missing.  I would like to register some items but don`t know much french. :-[

I didn't see an English version around, and as far as I can tell, the registration isn't open yet (although today is the date it is said to be open). Me or someone else can post a link to the pre-registration page once it opens.

2075turner

Thanks, I guess I will have to look for a french to english translator.

ordi260

Quote from: 2075turner on November 19, 2010, 04:23:37 PM
Thanks, I guess I will have to look for a french to english translator.

Try google translate, IMO its the best of the free translators out there!

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

moise

This is the link http://www.aquasam.qc.ca/Enregistrement/enregistrement.php

the registration process is similar to OVAS register item

We need your email (courriel)
your Family name (Nom)
your First name (Prénom)

and a description of your item to sale ( It can be in English isn't a problem.)

Registration is opened
Registration before Wednesday November 24, 23:59 hour, give you more chance for our draws during the auction

Registration before saturday November 27, 18:00 hour,  Auction rate 25%, after that it will be 40%

No more than 3 identical lot

limmer

Note.
You can only sell 3 bags of each item.  The 4th item gets donated to the club.
You can check with them if you have any problems.

2075turner

Where do they show all the info about rules on sales?I did the french to english translation and I didn't see this.  I have various strains of discus I was going to take, does this mean I can only sell three fish of the same variety (strain) example blue diamonds or can I do 3-blue diamonds and 3 snakeskins to classify as two different items?

2075turner

How long does this auction usually last as well?

I still have room in my car if anyone is interested in going.

2075turner

Okay,

Now I am having a problem trying to contact them....the address they use to contact them doesn't work....can someone help me to contact them.

Thanks

fischkopp

The item limitation is in bags, meaning you can have three bags of the same, the fourth one is an automatic donation. It's up to you how many fish you put into the bag. I would consider different strains as different items, just label them properly.

Auction tends to finish around 6pm, similar to our auction. Will depend on participation.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

2075turner

Alrighty,

Does anyone know how to contact them other than the email addy listed on the sign up page? 

It doesn't work for me.  I have tried a couple of times to contact them and it just gets returned back.

Thanks Robert.

jetstream

Received an email from Christian of the SAM club. He said better use the following link to register your items instead of the  address. Deadline is this evening for 25% otherwise the club commission will be 40% thereafter.

http://www.aquasam.qc.ca/Enregistrement/enregistrement.php

fischkopp

Quote from: jetstream on November 26, 2010, 01:40:20 PM
... Deadline is this evening for 25% otherwise the club commission will be 40% thereafter. ...

Little correction: deadline is tomorrow (Saturday 27th) 6pm. You made me worry there a little ... ;)

http://aquasam.qc.ca/?p=324
Pré-enregistrement reçu avant le Samedi 27 novembre à 18h.
- Ce pré-enregistrement vous assurera d'un partage des revenus de : 75% vendeur / 25% S.A.M.
- Après 18h le Samedi 27 novembre ou sur place le 28 avril 2010 (avant 10 h) : 60% vendeur / 40% S.A.M.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031